Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Trail Mix
Posted by: Context ()
Date: May 06, 2008 12:51AM

I know its not properly combined and whatnot, but I find it is really helping me to transition. When I get that craving for carbs and protein... I eat this, and I find it satisfying.

I was wondering if anyone out there makes thier own... or has any good recipies. Or how to salt the nuts with sea salt... or some sort of sauce. Even though I know to much salt isnt good for me, some times I crave it. I am sure the salt cravings will go away over time... just like the other foods.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trail Mix
Posted by: Itzdavey ()
Date: May 06, 2008 01:12AM

There's plenty of raw stuff you can mix, almonds, walnuts, dates. etc. I do dried cranberries which probably aren't raw (since they are store bought I don't know how hot they are dehydrated).

I've gotten into soaking my almonds and walnuts and such, which is optional. I like the kind of watery crunchiness.

You really really need the salt? I find I don't need it with this stuff at all.

-DaveK

Date: May 06, 2008 01:44AM

I dont know why... but nuts dont seem to taste the same without it. I know... I really want to get away from the salt, but one step at a time I figure. I also figure that if my intention stays true, the cravings for salt will go away altogether.

I also dont like the taste of soggy nuts... I understand why your doing it... but I dont plan on eating nuts in large amounts for ever. I will cut down on them as the cravings go away.

But I still think it would be fun to soak almonds in a tamari sauce... and then dehydrate them... maybe add a pinch of cayenne to spice it up.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 06, 2008 02:35AM

If those 'transitional' foods help you to eat more fresh....more power to you. You can certainly dehydrate your own trail mixes using berries, nuts, pineapple, apples, strawberries, etc., to create quite a tasty mix.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: May 06, 2008 03:24AM

lol... I know you think they are a crutch, but I still eat 80%+ fruit. Its just sometimes I need that extra something. I dont know, maybe its a comfort food thing.

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: May 06, 2008 04:44AM

I was a trail mix junkie for YEARS. When I transitioned, I ate it by the handfuls. I made my own with dried fruits in the sun when I had time and my favorite nuts. I also purchased it in bulk from my food co-op. Now I no longer want it and am straying away from nuts altogether...this blows my mind because trail mix and nuts were some of my favorite foods. My body has simply moved on and so have I. I can't really digest it anymore. :-((

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables