Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anxiety
Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: May 08, 2008 06:59AM

I have not had an anxiety attack since I started eating "high" raw this past July. I have had anxiety disorder since before my teen years and I'm hoping it is gone for good.

Can anyone tell me why a raw diet eliminates anxiety? Maybe an ingredient in processed foods was triggering it? I mean, I'm not complaining or anything, but just curious so I can share with others.

I feel good. This is the longest I've gone without anxiety. I feel calm and I don't "what if" myself to death anymore. I cope with stress so much better too.

I think it's the combination of raw food, exercise, sunshine, and prayer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anxiety
Posted by: sweetlime ()
Date: May 08, 2008 07:20AM

Eating well, exercise, sunshine etc help tremendously and for me personally prayer/meditation is essential, it works wonders for me every time... smiling smiley

Posted by: Azura Skye ()
Date: May 08, 2008 11:48AM

what helped in reducing my anxiety is being mindful and meditation. Learning to be with any emotion and realise that thoughts are just thoughts and are not real and solid beings that must make us sway and listen to them. they are just part of the mind and there is a part of me that can choose to feel them or not.

so yeah, being mindful really helps.

And raw food! If I have sugar or wheat in my system I can feel my anxiety levels rise.

--------------------------------------------------

[www.azurastorch.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 08, 2008 12:41PM

I certainly believe that if we eat the living foods God gave us,we cannot have anxiety caused by what we are eating.If there still is anxiety I think you have to look for another source.
But live foods,IMO,have encoded in them peace and calmness.
Brian

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: May 08, 2008 12:57PM

roxeli Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have not had an anxiety attack since I started
> eating "high" raw this past July.
>
> Can anyone tell me why a raw diet eliminates
> anxiety?
>
> I feel good. This is the longest I've gone
> without anxiety. I feel calm and I don't "what
> if" myself to death anymore. I cope with stress
> so much better too.

Maybe by limiting your diet to mostly or 100% wholesome ingredients, you are supplying your nervous system with what it needed to overcome the triggers of the anxiety, while avoiding toxins & chemicals that taxed your body by draining vital energy in trying to neutralize and eliminating them since they didn't belong there in the first place.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 08, 2008 01:46PM

I had an anxiety problem pre-raw, too. Maybe after a month or so of eating raw foods, when I did eat something cooked (ESPECIALLY processed or fried, when I battled the falafel/pita addiction), I could IMMEDIATELY feel my mood drop from being in the skies to being terrified. It was like I wouldn't want to move, I felt horrible about myself, the world, I was afraid of going anywhere or doing anything, and became totally wracked with self-doubt.

It took going through this the hard way a bunch of times before I made all the connections and realized that little bit of cooked here or there was screwing me up way more than it was doing me any good.

Baked potatoes and steamed veggies are the only things that don't produce any degree of anxiety with me--but the former gives me a runny nose and the latter gives me gastric distress. =S

I think it's impossible to worry when you are doing the absolute best for yourself. Raw foods keep your health and your mind intact--so when faced with any adversity, even the old ones that used to give me anxiety--I'm already bringing all I can to the situation, so everything else is out of my control and I did my best (this also means keeping up with my personal life and being proactive, but again, I've got the best fuel for it).

I also NEVER have those days where I just want to lie around, cry, question the value of my life, or feel completely hopeless anymore. Raw really worked wonders for me--I just had to stick to it and keep up with my own life.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables