Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

E3 Live
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: May 08, 2008 12:35PM

What is this please. I wonder what it tastes like in a chocolate bar (following on from my wheatgrass thread)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: E3 Live
Posted by: Haida ()
Date: May 08, 2008 02:02PM

Its a blue-green algae. I have tried that specific brand, I buy spirulina from the bulk herb section at my local co-op. I like it (when mixed with something to sweeten the taste) and so does my family, including my almost 2year old and her year old cousin. I have used powder, but I imagine the liquid to be not much different. I but it in smoothies with banana and strawberries, and pies. It turns everything into a pretty green colour. I have had chocolate/ spirulina bars thats delicious. I think its great way to boost many nutrients, including protein.

Blessed!

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 08, 2008 09:53PM

I happened to be in the city, so I took another look at those E3 Live bars. Pretty big... $15 for one bar. All were sweetened with honey, so I didn't buy them.

I did, however, try a Live Libations bar, which was also made with E3 Live cultures. It's extremely filling, not quite like a chocolate bar. It was sweetened with yacon, which was nicer than agave, IMO (more gentle on my system). It did have a very distinct medicinal taste.... almost like cherry Sucrets (cough drops). It was somewhere between a Lara bar and chocolate bar in texture. Odd. Interesting. Delicious... but not something I'd pay that much for again.

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: May 09, 2008 09:05AM

Try fresh, unprocessed fruits and vegetables if you are looking for a buzz or nutrition boost.

I guess if you are craving a candy bar, it's better than eating a Snickers or Almond Joy. But, if I were paying $15 for a candy bar, I would want Willy Wonka to personally make it for me and then give it to me at his factor.

Lee

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2008 09:06AM by Lee_123.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: May 09, 2008 08:04PM

I love E3 Live but I don't know about it in a processed form - I buy the liquid and it has to be kept frozen mostly because it only lasts a few days in the refrigerator.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 09, 2008 09:27PM

Just like any of those expensive raw treats at the health stores, really. "Low temperature processing." (Can we ever REALLY know how raw these are? O.o )

Eat them if you want (I happened to be there, curious, and it's NOT a big mac!), but don't swear by them. I would never replace my breakfast mangos for anything "raw processed," or make them a regular staple.

I've seen the bulk spirulina in jars at room temperature at Whole Foods--how does that keep? O.o I would also figure adding a well-kept supplement to a smoothie is way better than taking it in candy bar form. tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2008 09:29PM by phantom.

Posted by: Haida ()
Date: May 09, 2008 09:44PM

wow. never thought about how powdered spirulina keeps, or is processed. I guess it is like any other prepared raw foods that you'd buy out. I have to keep reminding myself that the basis of raw foods is fresh, non-processed and close to nature.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: May 10, 2008 02:36AM

It's a frozen, liquid algae supplement that works but tastes disgusting. I haven't tried the flavored kind yet though.
[www.e3live.com]

I don't know about chocolate but I like it in smoothies. It blends well with blueberries for some reason.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables