Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sweet fruit:Acid or Alkaline & Robert Young??
Posted by: Keepitsimple3344 ()
Date: May 09, 2008 10:29PM

Sweet fruit: Acid or Alkaline? (forgive spelling)

Been reading a lot about people like Dr. Robert Young coming along w/ "scientific" research that suggests becuase of sugar content fruit is acidic.(Regardless of whether it is natural sugars)

Your thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sweet fruit:Acid or Alkaline & Robert Young??
Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: May 09, 2008 11:50PM

According to this site, all the fruits it lists are alkaline: [www.saeure-basen-forum.de]

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 10, 2008 12:27AM

There is a difference between the pH of the foodstuff itself and its effect on the body and this is where the confusion lies because you will see charts proclaiming different things--that is because they are reporting measurements for different things.

The body effect is what matters for health.

Some fruits themselves are acidic but all fruits are alkaline regarding their load on the kidneys. The most acid kidney effect foods are the higher protein animal flesh and animal products. Grains also have an acidic effect on the kidney.

They call it "Potential Renal Acid Load" and it depends on many factors, but one of the most important ones is the sulfur-based amino acid content, which tends to be higher in animal products.

Posted by: Context ()
Date: May 10, 2008 12:39AM

lol... the only way a scientist can actually observe the effects of sugars in the human body is to extract it from the fruit. This means the sugar is dead, and not in balanced form when tested. Testing cannot be performed on a living fruit.

This is true of all foods.

So yes... this scientists tests are accurate for dead fruit sugar. It is not healthy... but as for living fruits and pH balancing. He is way out to lunch. I need only look to juice fasting for curing many ailments to see this.

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: May 10, 2008 03:26AM

Keepitsimple wrote re Robert Young's "scientific" research : "...becuase of sugar content fruit is acidic."

Robert O. Young does say this about certain "sweet" fruit. I would have to read the studies to see what fruits were studied, whether raw or not (Young knows the difference), if they were combined with other food and on what type of eater (probably cooked fooders, the diseases of which concern him most).... sweet fruit can be a problem for SAD eaters who are often struggling to digest their last acidic meal.

Robert Young is a friend of the raw food movement and recently wrote an article about the almond pasturization proposal in California. [articlesofhealth.blogspot.com]

A previous book of Young, The pH Miracle, made me aware of the associations between acidic "effect on the body" and bone loss, cancer, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2008 03:31AM by loeve.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 10, 2008 11:20AM

Context Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> lol... the only way a scientist can actually
> observe the effects of sugars in the human body is
> to extract it from the fruit. This means the
> sugar is dead, and not in balanced form when
> tested. Testing cannot be performed on a living
> fruit.

This isn't true. There have been many trials with
all raw diets and pH is something you can check
by sticking a pH strip or pH meter probe in the
living food.

Also sugar is not a living thing. It's just a
chemical comprised of C, H, and O in roughly
1 carbon (carbo) per 1 H20 (hydrate) proportions.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: May 10, 2008 03:18PM

He has a business to run of live blood analysis which is a form of fortunetelling.

Every body knows raw food is the cure, nothing else.
I do ph tests every day and its always alkaline, sometimes too much, all I eat is fruit pretty much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2008 03:19PM by suvine.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 10, 2008 08:01PM

I think blueberries are one of the only fruits that leave a SLIGHTLY acidic ash in the body. I found a big pH chart and then freaked out about it, but I think it was either DZM or Bryan who reminded me that if BLUEBERRIES are the most acidic thing I'm eating, I should be in the green. =)

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: May 10, 2008 08:28PM

Hmm, blueberries do not strike me as an acid producing thing, the acid is made to break down really indigestibe foods and to protect you. Blueberries are raw, beautiful yummy, sweet fruit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables