Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anybody has anti biotic stories?
Posted by: suvine ()
Date: May 10, 2008 03:31PM

Like having to take them when raw, any side effects, etc?

I am in them and before I went on them, and this always happens, I found myself making apple ginger sauerkraut without even thinking, do you think I knew to do this instinctively? Anyways, I have a little each day. I feel a little swollen in my glands.

Anyways, I have to take them for surgery, but I hate doing it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anybody has anti biotic stories?
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 10, 2008 04:21PM

I took them not too long ago. The only thing I noticed was loose you know what. It messed up my intestinal flora. But in two weeks I got them back.

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: May 10, 2008 04:40PM

Apple ginger sauerkraut??? Oh, please share the recipe!

I was just on antibiotics myself. I am taking Probiotics and Prebiotics now. HOpe all goes well for you.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 10, 2008 07:55PM

My last experience with antibiotics at 50% raw was two months of hell that eventually lead me to 100% raw foods and immediate healing, when NOTHING else worked. It seemed like each drug had a horrible side effect, that led to another drug, which brought more side effects. I tried probiotics, homeopaths, everything...

The only positive thing I have to say is that by sticking to a completely raw diet, my body found what it needed to get back up and running--and better than ever! =)

Keep a healthy lifestyle, and you'll recover. But if you devastate your intestinal flora and then neglect your body's needs (physical and mental, stress is a big deal), you won't do so well.

Date: May 10, 2008 08:29PM

Yes, I did that before my last surgery, I went without antibiotics and I got an infection that led to scar tissue forming, and had to redo the surgerty so this time I am taking them.
But I know the risks and side effects.

I understand, it may be a necessary evil in some cases

Posted by: hyldemoer ()
Date: May 11, 2008 02:24AM

If you have a medical reason to use an antibiotic, that is what you do.

Once the infection is cured or risk of infection is past you can do the repair work of re-establishing intestinal flora.

Some people take precautions while taking antibiotics by taking probiotics in the time space between antibiotic dosages.

If you become more physically ill while using an antibiotic, inform your physician to see if they can change the RX.

Posted by: Context ()
Date: May 11, 2008 03:28AM

I dont think oral anti-biotics are usefull at all. Do you know why you have an infection in the first place? Do you know what other bacteria are killed in the process? Could the bacteria "infection" actually be helping the body by removing something or clearing out something in the body.

The cycles that happen in the body are mysterious and natural. And in my opinion only cause problems when messed with.

Date: May 11, 2008 05:53PM

WELL, I am not sure, no what caused it, I went to dentist at the same time I was healing maybe, but I had to do both appts this time too, I took anti biotics and I think both were a success this time. I didn;t ask whether anti biotics were bad, I know they are, but necessary evil sometimes, for alot of people life savers, but my question was about other people's experiences. I am curious.

Posted by: Context ()
Date: May 11, 2008 08:54PM

What was done to cause the infection in the first place?

What is going to be done to restore health after the anti-biotics are taken?

These are serious questions that need to be addressed. Because if your going to go back to old habits that caused the problem in the first place, your only going to make your situation worse.

If there is an environment in the body that allows bacteria to thrive then there is something seriously wrong. Anti-biotics have thier place which in my opinion should be near death situations... but also never have to be used with a healthy life style.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: May 12, 2008 01:31AM

Why don't you use a zapper? Rinse your mouth with Colloidal Silver? These will stave off infections.

My health got ruined with the use of antibiotics and prescription medications. I refuse to use them. However, you must do as I feel to do b/c that will help heal your body the best.

Good luck.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 12, 2008 04:24AM

When I first went raw over 5 years ago now..I got terrible ear infections in both ears..and it was the first month into raw..and while I was starting to feel and have more energy, I had these terrible ear infections that hurt like hell. I tried a lot of things but finally after the first month I went to the Dr.'s and got anti-biotics for the infection. It took a month of clearing the ear infections up but since that time I have not needed to go to the Dr.'s again..in fact I changed from MD to seeing ND's and it was to continue on the thyroid meds I'd been on for many, many years.

I have seen an ND for a homeopath remedy for high blood pressure and stress/depression when my sister passed away. Other than that I have had no reason to see one..and in fact have gotten off my thyroid meds after being on them for 31 years. I don't see an ND and haven't in probably close to a year now. I would see one if I felt I needed to. I'd use a Dr. for patching up for broken bones etc.

I did go to a Dentist last year and had all my bad teeth done and all the mercury gone, with new bridges and caps done. Oh..and yes I recall I did take some pain pills (OTC ibuprofen and Advil) and anti-biotic for an infection from a couple invasive root canals..teeth are nasty when left unattended to for so long! I make sure to cleanse well now and keep my teeth in good health. I feel it was small price to pay for all the good getting my teeth done. Sometimes you have to weigh things, and choose as wisely as one can at their current level of knowledge.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables