Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

anyone here have intense craving for meat?
Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: May 11, 2008 10:35PM

I have been having intense cravings out of the blue so today I had some Veggie soy based burgers, I feel better. Still I don't know how these cravings erupted, I think I need more Avocados and other foods with alot of mass.

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: anyone here have intense craving for meat?
Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: May 11, 2008 10:41PM

I was eating some sun dried olives this evening and made a comment that they were the closest thing to meat in the raw vegetarian diet!

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: May 12, 2008 12:34AM

Sometimes I do have intense craving for meat. I would fantasize about the texture of salmon and stuff like that. When was vegetarian I did what you did and eat some tofu or something with a bunch of protein. Now I make a smoothie with a huge scoop of almond butter or something like that. Young coconut meat is good too for the texture thing.

Posted by: greensatva ()
Date: May 12, 2008 01:04AM

Hey flex4life!

MUSHROOMS! They taste very hearty & meaty! Flower, straw, shiitake <--[i must try!] Tasty stuff!

Love, Good Health, and God bless you!
~Greensatva, Kingston, Jamaica, W.I.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 12, 2008 02:15AM

Never happened to me.

I did get INTENSE cheese cravings in the beginning of raw, when I was cold turkey vegan with no such symptoms. It had to be detox, though.

But you've been raw for a good while, haven't you? I also find sometimes I crave textures, and those sometimes are the most mysterious to satisfy. >.<

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 12, 2008 02:26AM

Before I went vegan I already disliked the taste of meat, so I never really had a craving for it. Now that I am trying to eat completely raw, I do get cravings for tofu and vegan ribs sometimes.

Posted by: uma ()
Date: May 12, 2008 03:01AM

McDonalds still smells good to me. I make a mean raw sunburger, with 1 cup ground sunflower seed, 1/4 cup ground flax, food processed carrot, celery, red bell pepper, cilantro sometimes, just enough veggie mush to get the moisture level i want, then put in burger shape and dehydrate 2 hrs, flip, 2 more hours. Put on a lettuce bun, add raw catsup from sundried tomato and tangerine or orange juice, and add cucumber, sprouts, avocado on top, No more McDonalds craving!!

Yeah mushrooms are meaty too.

Love,
Uma

Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: May 12, 2008 04:37AM

thanks yall, I resonate with the mushrooms suggestion, I have to start exploring them. I never really had any besides the magic variety winking smiley

BTW, are the mushrooms to be eaten raw?

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2008 04:49AM by flex4life.

Date: May 12, 2008 04:58AM

yea,sometimes for tuna,and a good juicy hamburger.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 12, 2008 05:31AM

No...never do. Even on the rare occasions where I dream of times when I DID eat meat......all I have to do is remember what it did to my teeth....my body...and how sick I had become.....and then the wonderful freedom that I now enjoy. It's all about a person's goals - you know?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: sweetlime ()
Date: May 12, 2008 07:13AM

no, never tasted meat smiling smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 12, 2008 12:34PM

hey flex

portabella are nice .. they are big as umbrellas

u can try marinating them

i never had intense craving for meat even when I was SAD
but once I had an intense craving for

a raw vegan hamburger so I ate one grinning smiley twas deelish

Date: May 12, 2008 02:47PM

Was at a Mothers Day picnic yesterday and sat and watched everyone eat their fried chicken.
I had salad.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 12, 2008 10:23PM

Nope, never craved any flesh food. They're repulsive to me. But I do crave vegan junk food sometimes, and vegetarian junk too.

Cooked mushrooms are so close to meat that they have fooled me. I remember having a "vegan" vegetable soup at a restaurant one day and turning green as I felt sure that I was accidentally chomping down on a bit of flesh. The waitstaff assured me it was only a mushroom.

The raw seed/nut/veggie burger suggestion is a good one. Or a cooked one with cooked beans.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: May 13, 2008 03:20AM

Yeah I was a rabid carnivore before raw, especially since I lifted weights. For me it was E3Live and dark green leafy things and seaweeds that took away my meat cravings. I think it was really just a hunger for minerals. However I do occasionally get a craving for shrimp, and a couple times a year even chicken (but never beef or pork).

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: May 13, 2008 04:23AM

i love soy burgers.
they aren't raw, but they are tasty

shrooms are good too

Posted by: uma ()
Date: May 13, 2008 04:35AM

Supposedly there's something about mushrooms that isn't really good to eat raw. Maybe some toxin that gets destroyed in cooking? Or maybe some protein that's indigestible when raw? I don't remember. But to satisfy a certain texture and taste they are very useful. I can eat them every so often then my body says no more for a while.

Haven't had the magic variety since raw, I used to hide their taste on a pizza or in a PB&J or something.

Love,
Uma

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: May 13, 2008 04:47AM

it's spring. the magik one's are out!!!!!

daytripper ya!!

Posted by: greensatva ()
Date: May 15, 2008 07:40AM

I'm omnivorous, but I plan to transform my life to my own customised MIXTURE of the Raw Living foods Lifestyle, and the Symbiotic Raw Vegan Lifestyle. I suggested mushrooms - without thinking much! Few can be eaten raw (i forgot! I'm not raw yet!) I've seen raw Japanese inoki<--(sp?) mushroom clumps. Check around.

I've been reading around though, and I notice that CRAVINGS are a major issue with this lifestyle. I know you all have GREAT intentions, by feeding your body with the right food, but willpower shouldn't be used as a crutch. Don't you want it to be NATURAL, INSTINCTUAL, AUTOMATIC? Instead of struggling to maintain it, falling off it, feeling down and guilty, then jumping back on again, fearfully awaiting the next fall?

There is a group of raw foodists who never have to worry about cravings, because they have "re-programmed" their bodies (by cleansing the colon, gradually over about a 12 month period, and having 3 to 5 lb. of healthy aerobic bacteria in the intestines...), and now SAD junk food actually is REPULSIVE to them! SAD food tastes salty, bitter or rancid to them, so - NO slipping back to SAD!

They are SYMBIOTIC Raw Vegan Foodists. They're not vegan though; they still eat animal...! They're quite different. Check out their following websites:

www.blindguru.com and www.rawfoodadvantage.com

Some things on the sites are wrong- like them saying that The Raw Living Foods lifestyle is a SCAM...(LIES!) Among other things, but the truth that is there is edifying and good! I've sifted the truth from them and I'm in the process of contacting the webmaster or some authority figure to set the facts straight - and have only TRUTH there.

Later! smiling smiley

Love, Good Health, and God bless you!
~Greensatva, Kingston, Jamaica, W.I.

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: May 15, 2008 08:31AM

flex4life- this is a pretty 'meaty' mushroom dish from goneraw:

[www.goneraw.com]

Very tasty! smiling smiley

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: May 15, 2008 08:53AM

Sometimes when I think I am craving something that I used to eat, what I am really craving is the flavors or spices.

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: May 15, 2008 12:20PM

that is v. true, Lee_123!

It's like fast food burgers (veggie or meat) - it's the idea of the burger - the combo of the tomato ketchup, onion, lettuce and mustard against bread and the burger- the combination of different tastes that people really miss.

A lot of people can't stand eating a burger or a hotdog without ketchup. Imagine a pizza without oregano. Imagine any of it without salt! :-)

It's kind of crazy how out of touch we are with what we think we want, as opposed to what we really want.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables