Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

GERD anyone?
Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: May 14, 2008 09:54AM

Anyone suffer from GERD? Bloating? I have been having some probleems with the two. I would rather not take any medicine. I actually am on a quest to be medication free if possible. I feel that I am on my way with decreasing my blood pressure naturally. I was off blood pressure meds for a while then had relapsed on cooked foods while backpacking Europe. a few months later I was back to needing some medicinal help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GERD anyone?
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: May 14, 2008 12:13PM

Here's a link to some Wikipedia info: [en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: May 14, 2008 04:54PM

I know what GERD is. I asked if anyone here suffers from it? I guess I would also like to know if anyone has suffered from it and no longer does after switching to a raw diet.

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: May 14, 2008 05:16PM

Adapting to Raw will fix it, but you need patience to get there. Many fail here. It can take days, weeks, months, etc. or more, depending on your overall health condition to begin with has a major impact on your progress. In addition, the raw choices you make will impact progress as well. Alot of variables to consider. The other option is to sort out what is causing the discomfort and lay off those foods, etc. and tweak your diet to what will work for you. Even going raw you will have to pay attention and tweak things to get it right. There is no easy solution unfortunately.

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: May 14, 2008 07:07PM

I dont have GERD, but some fruit gives me heartburn (bananas, for ex). Very interested in what others have to say.

tanawana, do you have some more info on raw fixing it? What are the variables you are talking about? Has it been your own experience>

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: May 14, 2008 08:24PM

I feel raw puts one in the best state of health, which in turns lets your body do the work of healing in its own time and in the best conditions. Don't forget, good health is more than food.
The variables could be your overall health and well being before starting raw. It can perhaps be the raw path you choose, high fat or 80/10/10 or fruitarian, etc. How long you stick to it. Practically anything.
No, I've never been diagnosed with GERD myself

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables