Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The best raw book for a beginner?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 19, 2008 05:12PM

I need a nice book, what do you guys recommend?

I prefer to buy it as an e-book if it's possible, I live in Iceland so the shipping takes forever and is really expensive. I know Matt Monarch sells his book as an e-book. Is it any good?

Cheers,

Spir

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The best raw book for a beginner?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 19, 2008 05:56PM

I read one by Paul Nison called the Raw Life.
I really liked it!
Brian

Posted by: sweetlime ()
Date: May 19, 2008 06:03PM

I liked Storm and Jinjee`s ebooks from thegardendiet.com
Also the ebooks my Angela Stokes

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 19, 2008 06:32PM

I second Storm and Jinjee's. I enjoyed their movie "Breakthrough" too.

[www.thegardendiet.com]

Posted by: Keepitsimple3344 ()
Date: May 20, 2008 06:03PM

I liked former super model Carol Alt's book "Eating In The Raw". It helped me a lot and when finished I was inspired but did not feel I had to get the diet perfect.I did think it could have been more comprehensive,so depending on finances perhaps there r many better options.
Although she is not vegan,there r -in my opinion-some really good thoughts that continues to help me. I found her pragmatic and really down to earth and reaching out to the "little guy".I am new also,so that coming from one of your own.

Wow,Iceland that sounds COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 20, 2008 06:08PM

I read one of Matt Monarch's books. It was a good an informative book on raw philosophy but not a "how to" book.

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 20, 2008 06:33PM

Yes, Matt Monarch is good. Read as much as you can. Read extensively, as many authors as you can. Get a big picture, find what resonates with you now, but keep reading with open mind and find your own way within all the info you cull, and what makes sense will change with you. Monarch is good, I've only read Raw Spirit. Nison also, Boutenkos, Shelton, Ehret, Graham (definitely read Graham), so many. Much info online. I think Monarch and Stokes have fairly extensive sites. Good luck, it is definitely a journey. (Do as I read, not as I do! I'm struggling, but am learning and learning. It is individual, so keep reading and eating raw!) So many sites online. Also look at all the info on Rawschool.com. And there is another great info site on all principles of Natural Hygiene which Bryan refers people to often. I can't remember name, I'm sure you'll find or I will post it when I remember it.

Posted by: orangeflame ()
Date: May 22, 2008 01:10AM

one word for you: LIBRARY!!!!

you'd be surprised how many raw books your local library has...for FREEEE...it's soooo exciting to go in there and have a field day!

just ask at the circulation desk, and they will either locate them for you, or put them on hold for you if someone else has them out.

read up, decide which one (or two or three) you want to buy, and go from there!

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 22, 2008 03:22AM

Left in the Dark, by Grahm Gynn and Tony Wright

[www.leftinthedark.org.uk]

This book rocks my BRAINS out. It has a lot of avant-garde ideas about fruit and the role it played in the evolution of the human brain/consciousness. It doesn't have any of the basics of "how to eat raw," detox, etc., but if you're into digging a little deeper than just the sheer mechanics of how to eat the raw diet, this book will

well

I didn't move the second I tore it open out of the package until it was finished (except to maybe eat some grapes!).

And then I read it again... and again... and I wish there was more! Raw foods can be the springboard for so many great things! I found it very relevant to a lot of the MENTAL changes happening in my mind since I've been raw (increased happiness, sense of connection to life).

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: May 22, 2008 07:31AM

I found too much reading in the beginning got in the way. It also made me think I needed dehydrators, algae, superfoods and all sorts of other very expensive items. In fact I use none of those things now.

But yes, I would endorse seeing what the library can offer and then you haven't spent loads on a book that someone else loves but you maybe don't like so much.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 22, 2008 02:15PM

I should add that reading material can be VERY helpful and inspirational on days when you feel like binging on some SAD foods! Storm and Jinjee's writings have been PARTICULARLY helpful on those days... you see people doing so well... and re-realize your goals with inspiration! =D

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 22, 2008 04:21PM

Right. There are some great books. Many you can get from your library....or peruse a large section of them at your local Barnes & Noble - you know? I really liked Gabriel Cousens Conscious Eating - which strikes to the heart of why a person would eat healthy in the first place.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables