Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juicing watermelon
Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: May 20, 2008 01:20AM

Does anyone juice watermelon?

If so, do you only juice organic watermelons?

I know that they are low on the list of pesticide foods.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juicing watermelon
Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: May 20, 2008 01:34AM

I did once or twice. IMHO its not worth it because watermelons are alrady so full of water and if you juice it its the same thing except that you drink it instead of eating it and it tastes less intense.

EDIT: I forgot to mention just for information that I use a Breville juicer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2008 01:35AM by VeganLife.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: May 20, 2008 02:18AM

i like to juice watermelon because i like the way the fruit and rind all juiced up together tastes!

i also like to make watermelon-mint "smoothies" in the blender (no rind)

Posted by: lisa_pe ()
Date: May 20, 2008 04:01PM

I put watermelon in the blender with lime juice, very refreshing!

Date: May 21, 2008 12:21AM

organic or not?

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: May 21, 2008 05:37AM

get organic if you can

I juice the rind up and blend the rest..yumm

Posted by: RawKitty ()
Date: May 27, 2008 05:24PM

I don't think I have ever seen organic watermelon in my area sad smiley - I just get regular. Juicing it or making a smoothie w/ berries and crushed ice are my faves.

Date: May 27, 2008 06:06PM

I buy the non-organic watermelon. The only place I know that has organic watermelon is quite far away (and it's 3 times as expensive!).

I love juicing watermelon, but I agree, it is kind of a waste of time considering the waste of electricity and water you use to clean the juicer, when the flesh is so light and juicy anyway.

Last time me and my boyfriend were juicing watermelon, I kept forgetting to put the stopper in the top of the blender, and every few seconds, it'd spit these watermelon seeds flying up in the air grinning smiley

Eating from the greeny part of a watermelon tastes like cucumber to me- which can only be a good thing!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 27, 2008 06:50PM

non-organic. i like to juice them occasionally, it's fun. i cut off the green and leave the white and the seeds too of course. i wouldn't blend or juice melon with anything else as it's bad food combining and gives me gas but why do that anyhow? watermelon is amazing all on it's own.

Posted by: mookie ()
Date: May 27, 2008 10:01PM

I tried juicing watermelon last week -- somehow I like it better whole, it tasted off to me when I juiced it. I have a jack lelane juicer! It was free(intercepted it on it's way to the salvation army), and I love to use it, even though it's not as fancy as some! smiling smiley

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: May 28, 2008 12:58AM

my juicer (omega 9000) spits watermelon seeds like high-powered shrapnel around my whole kitchen. its quite a mess. i've seriously considered safety goggles.

Date: May 28, 2008 01:04AM

I have a greenstar juicer. I have been wondering about geting the whole nutrition by eating or juicing the rind. I have eaten the seeds for a long time. I have not tried to juice the melon yet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables