Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Changes in eye-color
Posted by: Rohanbaby ()
Date: May 20, 2008 10:51PM

Hi!

I am really wondering if there is something true about the eye-color changes after being raw.

My questions:

1. Did anybody notice any changes in eye-color?

2. If yes, for how long have you been raw and how high is your raw-percentage?

3. How long did it take for the eye-color change?

4. Are there any before-after pictures?

There should be many raw-foodlers here so if there is anything true about it there should be people who noticed an eye-color change, too.
If there is anybody, pleeeease poste. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Changes in eye-color
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 20, 2008 11:46PM

Not my experience...but anything is possible! smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Context ()
Date: May 21, 2008 04:31AM

it is common... I am noticing in myself the outsides of the iris are a light blue. I dont know if i always had this... but I always thought my eyes were hazel.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: May 21, 2008 05:36AM

Probably taken a year

I ate very simply at first, now I eat simple 5-6 days a week, gourmet 1

Eyes looked completly black, now theres rings,dark blue on the outside ring and a deeper hazel/gold colour under there. oh and the pupil is visable now.

Date: May 21, 2008 03:18PM

Re: davidzanemason

But you have blue eyes anyways, don`t you?

Dontext and rawdanceruk:
Wow! That is amazing! Are you guys 100 % raw? How was you guys diet before?

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: May 21, 2008 04:08PM

Rohanbaby Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There should be many raw-foodlers here so if there
> is anything true about it there should be people
> who noticed an eye-color change, too.
> If there is anybody, pleeeease poste. Thanks.

I wouldn't say raw foodists who 1) are online 2) actually joined this forum could possibly be representative of raw foodists as a whole.

But my eyes got lighter. THey were dark brown and now they are still dark but have light specks and shine more and are clearer. I was raw for 3 months or so (80% for part, 95-100% the rest) before it happend. Diet was super healthy before. Vegan, organic, tons of greens.

Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: May 21, 2008 04:16PM

I am not sure, but my eye color looks different all the time. My iris always has a dark blue outer ring. Sometimes my eyes look greyish blue and sometimes the look bright blue. More rarely they look aqua-blue. Often as the color approaches the pupil they become yellowish-green. My natural hair color has also changes alot in my life. As a baby was black and as a toddler strawberry blond. From pictures I can see it has been dark brown, light brown with blondish streaks and reddish brown. For a long time I also had one light blond streak, which I loved but it went away. Maybe it will come back. Since I know my eyes change color, I am really curious to see what will happen after being completely raw for an extended about of time. I am also curious how my hair will look. I have only been 100% raw now for about a month.

Posted by: Lejla ()
Date: May 23, 2008 11:38PM

I think those people who take enzyme (between meals, so it`s not the digestive type of enzymes) experience color changes.
On the other hand Tonya Zavasta long time raw guru has dark eyes, clear and nice but still dark.

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: May 24, 2008 11:27PM

i'll look into my files-
getting someone to take pics of my eyes is a little harder than it should be-

but i have old pics where they look browner- it's also hard to tell as they are very lighting sensitive and pick up colors around them. i need a pic of JUST my eye. self portraits have all turned out blurry.

peace-

Date: May 25, 2008 05:43AM

Hey! That would be cool if you can.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: May 25, 2008 09:33AM

i eat high fruit diet

my diet before was junk food veggie for 12 years, and 5 years of crohns - was limited to babyfood, crackers and lentil soup. So pretty shocking diet previously!

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: May 25, 2008 07:57PM

my eyes are dark brown with specks of hazel & green. unless you were right in my face or gazing into my eyes and my boyfriend, the light undertone in my cornea was not always visible. now being 100% raw for a year it seems to be taking over, the aqua-blue that is...even my Mom noticed the other day. i doubt they'll turn completely. oh that would be freaky. don't want to look like halle berry in that sci-fci movie. lol. i love my brown eyes.

Posted by: RawKitty ()
Date: May 27, 2008 05:15PM

I am not 100% raw but at times when I have been, they got more blue - I'd say more cool tone looking then their usual green. I notice if I juice alot or juice feast/fast, within two days the blue hue is there. Seriously, it's one of the first changes I notice, it's really wierd. I had blue eyes as a kid (up til about 8) then they changed to green...leaves me wondering if they are supposed to be bluer, lol. I don't really care, it's just trippy to see, and I always know I am eating right when people ask me if I have colored contacts in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2008 05:17PM by RawKitty.

Posted by: Duo ()
Date: June 14, 2008 03:08AM

The guy who turned me onto raw was a blonde/ blue eyed child growing up in Hawaii. He moved to Oregon as a teen and his diet changed from tropical fresh fruits to beer, pot, and meat. His eyes turned hazel and his hair was darker and wiry. Hes been raw for aout 8 years now and has the most incredible multi-colored eyes. They have brown toward the outside, emerald green fading into a bright blue ring sround the pupil which he says was noticeable after about a summer of raw and excercising outside. He also doesnt ever wear sunglasses. Now his hair is sandy and looking kindof red these days.

I have sky blue eyes to begin with, but am hoping to clear up the whites. I'm very curious if it is possible to return to being a toe head blondie too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables