Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Weight Loss
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 26, 2008 12:21AM

How much weight did you lose in the first month when first going raw???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Weight Loss
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 26, 2008 12:47PM

None. I actually gained a bit....as I started to exercise and eat massive amounts of raw food. As I journaled what I ate.....and measured the calories and intake....it became clear the foods that were helping me the most. Once my activity levels and calories were regularly below what I needed to maintain body weight......I lost about 1 lb a week for about 60 weeks straight. Heh...heh. Still: one changes one's LIFESTYLE....forever....and accepts the consequences. Either a lifestyle gives rise to weight control...or not. You know?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: May 26, 2008 08:06PM

The first time I went raw, I lost nothing in 8 months...not a pound. This time is a whole different story though - I went raw on April 29, so have been raw for less than a month, and have already lost about 20-25 lbs. The big difference (at least it seems so to me...) is that the other time I was raw I filled up a lot on nuts and seeds, and this time I haven't had either nuts or seeds. I really didn't enjoy eating them and at them because I thought I "should" - everyone said so. This time I'm listening to what my body wants and am ending up eating only fresh foods, with the one exception of raw olives, which have been soaked in salt water for several months. Other than the olives, it's just fresh foods. No dehdrated things, none of the nut loaf or seed pate things that I ate last time. I feel much lighter, much more clear-headed, and much happier.

Date: May 26, 2008 08:29PM

wel technicly it hasnt been a month yet but only 2 more days so ill just go ahed and say ive lost 37. now that can greatly vaery due to, starting weight, amount consumed and how active you are.
i started at 340, eat quite a bit, and am moderatly active.

Date: May 27, 2008 11:02PM

wow that is alot of weight!

Posted by: paulieGB ()
Date: May 27, 2008 11:04PM

I lost a stone and a half and i wasont even over weight to begin with.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: May 28, 2008 12:55AM

i lost over 30 lbs in 30 days when i first went raw, then the next 20 i lost over the next 3 months, then plateaued for quite awhile, then lost 10 lbs last month by committing to a consistent exercise program and doing a juice feast. 60 lbs total in 10 months raw.

Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: May 28, 2008 01:59PM

When I initially went raw I lost 24 pounds in the first month. It's interesting, I don't like to buy new clothes so I still run around in all the clothes that are way too big for me. I guess that I should get around to that. I could donate all the old ones to a shelter. I didn't have many to begin with though. I'm kind of a minimalist.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: May 28, 2008 02:40PM

I don't like to buy new clothes so I still run around in all the clothes that are way too big for me.
I did that too. I shed a lot of weight living the raw food lifestyle and just kept tightening up my belt. It finally got very uncomfortable as the pants would bunch up and sorta fold over under the belt between the belt loops. I finally bought some new pants that fit right and it is a real pleasure to feel lean and trim in my new pants. ;=)

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 28, 2008 04:24PM

I was 5'7'' and about 120 lbs. when I started. In my first month, I lost 20 pounds (while eating nuts with a shovel), and in about 6 weeks, gained nearly all of that weight back--in totally different places. Lots of my cellulite disappeared, but I got a lot curvier. Now, while most of my pants will drop off my waist, others I can't get up over my hips! I'm also 22, so it makes sense that I would be changing in ways to support childbirth.

Just yesterday my boyfriend told me how cute I looked in baggy clothes, and then suggested I get some nice and form-fitting ones. I'd love to have nothing but clothes that fit properly, but I know my body has a lot more to take care of before I reach a more stable point... whenever and whatever size that is.

Pounds, calories... all of that counting seems to matter a lot less, when you wake up feeling great, and can watch your body regenerate before your eyes!

Posted by: Elayne ()
Date: May 29, 2008 09:10PM

I first went raw in July of 2007. I am currently about 50 to 100% raw depending on my daily activities and sometimes cooked food cravings. I lost 30 lbs within the first 4 months. From there I plateaued all through the winter, which is just fine for me, as on average, a person (SAD eater) gains about 12 lbs over the winter. So, I was really happy to maintain my weightloss. Since the first of May I've lost an additional 5 lbs for a total of 35 lbs in 11 months.

What is amazing however, is how the weight I am currently carrying has shifted. I've continued to lose inches even though my weight loss over the last six monhts has been very minimal. This is with just walking as an exercise regime. I've lost 7 inches alone in my waist and I believe a total of 39 inches overall. Measuring my bust, ribcage, waist, tummy, hips, upper arms, thigh and calf.

I hope to lose an additional 20 lbs, but I am not in a hurry as I am enjoying the journey. Something I've never felt before on any other conventional weightloss program. This is a way of eating to be healthy and a side bonus is weightloss. I didn't start eating raw to lose weight, although I needed to lose weight. I started due to health reasons!! I've gained much in terms of health and lost much in terms of fat!!

Elayne

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables