Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw green smoothies, spirulina and aggression?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 26, 2008 12:47PM

hello, a quick intro, i'm male, 6feet, 185 lbs, completed my first master cleanse lemonade diet from may 5th to may 19th, and was pescatarian before that. after the cleanse i've been raw/vegan/veg and want to stay as raw as possible barring equipment limitations and such.
i've been reading a bunch of different books, one is green for life by the raw family, and another is hunger free forever by michael murray. i've been noticing increased aggressive desires and behaviors in myself as a result of this new diet. i feel healthier, but less relaxed. is it a result of the superfood spirulina? i know the amino acid tyrosine leads to adrenaline in the body.

also i still get these cravings throughout the day where my appetite spikes and i want fat containing foods. good fat mind you, but still.

any comments? thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw green smoothies, spirulina and aggression?
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 26, 2008 04:42PM

IMHO you are not getting enough calories. It's a calorie thing, not a smoothie, or spirulina, or aggression thing.

In the lab exeriments on calorie restriction with mice, they get cranky, too, when they are touched.

Posted by: RawKitty ()
Date: May 27, 2008 08:07PM

poor mice sad smiley

Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: May 27, 2008 11:03PM

prob not enough food, possibly detox. I found that green smoothies really evened out all my moods.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 28, 2008 03:18AM

Some days, I get REALLY grouchy or emotional if elimination kicks into high gear. It's very unpredictable. I wonder if it's cyclical? Usually I have lots of energy and am impossible to perturb... but every now and then, I wake up with a strange bit of acne, coated tongue, disagreeable bowls, and GRRRRR!!!!!!!!! (Watch out!) I also find I'm a lot more in my head/thinking about old habits, it's like the old habits in my head try to convince me to go back... and days like these include overall grouchiness.

I just take it easy on myself, try to eat well, fresh, and get the appropriate rest. It should pass. It feels like weather systems happening inside my body... some days it storms!

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: May 28, 2008 04:41AM

I find that I am a lot more at peace when I get sufficient exercise in my day. I like to interval train several times a day. Sometimes after eating a small mono meal like the strawberries I ate today I feel so much energy from the food that I have to go jogging or biking or some other exercise to give the energy an outlet. After the exercise my mind feels very relaxed and mellow.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 28, 2008 05:08AM

ez rider

u got a good point there

calibrating the energy by using exercise

being raw makes exercise a joy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables