Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

bananas
Posted by: sweetlime ()
Date: May 27, 2008 08:45PM

Is there any reason to restrict bananas when trying to get rid of acne? A banana or two really makes it easy for me to drink my green smoothies everyday. Is it a starchy fruit? Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: bananas
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 27, 2008 08:58PM

I believe it is starchy until it is very ripe...with some black spots in it.
Brian

Posted by: Weronika ()
Date: May 28, 2008 01:01PM

Whu do we need to exclude bananas when trying to get rid of acne?Can someone please explain. Thanks!

Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: May 28, 2008 01:28PM

I eat bananas and have no worries about acne. It's news to me if this is a fruit that brings it on.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 28, 2008 01:37PM

My opinion / experience is that bananas are NOT going to exacerbate acne. I WOULD avoid excess nuts, avocados...and certainly processed oils, medications, chemicals and salts. Just my experience.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: May 28, 2008 01:46PM

Me too - I eat a TON of bananas every day and don't have a blemish....knock on wood. Can't imagine that they would be the cause or even exacerbate them like DZM said.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: May 28, 2008 02:21PM

Why do we need to exclude bananas when trying to get rid of acne?
I eat bananas everyday and some days I eat a bunch (HeHe) and I don't have acne.

Posted by: Spitfire ()
Date: June 10, 2008 03:35AM

I am very sensitive to sugars and found that if I eat really sugary foods I breakout easily. I don't get this problem with bananas. I did make a chocolate sauce with maple syrup and poured that over bananas and got some pretty bad breakouts a while ago, but I think that was more the maple syrup than the bananas.

I occasionally get breakouts during my period. I drink a cup of spearmint tea the week before and during my period and this seems to prevent hormonal breakouts. I know tea is not raw, but I don't claim to be 100% raw. I'm somewhere between 75-90% raw depending on how hectic my schedule gets.

Some people will argue that overall health is not related to what we eat and the health of our skin has nothing to do with what we eat. It has been my experience that my skin definitely reflects what I eat. Before I went raw I would get breakouts whenever I ate things like cookies, donuts, and other super sugary foods. I've been raw for 11 months now and my skin is radiant, smooth, and firm. I think some people are more sensitive to certain foods. You have to do what works for you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables