Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Gain Weight on Raw Food...
Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: May 29, 2008 03:02PM

I would like to gain five-ten pounds and am 100% raw. I last week I did a four day fast which made me lose five pounds. I feel great from it but am now under-weight. Before I was at the low end, but still in the healthy range. How can I gain it back? I am naturally pre-disposed to be very thin and already eat plenty of oils, avocados, nuts... Any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gain Weight on Raw Food...
Posted by: cy ()
Date: May 29, 2008 03:29PM

Hi Joanne,I gained a lot of weight doing sunflower seed and banana smoothie. Just put 1 cup of sunflower seeds, 2 bananas,water,agave and blend it.

Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: May 29, 2008 03:46PM

Sounds yummy. I actually have all those ingrediants in my house. Thanks.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 29, 2008 04:34PM

Physical exercise or work will help build muscles as well as plenty of sleep. The kind of exercises that build muscles are anaerobic exercises, applying loads to your muscles that exceed their current capacities.

Posted by: mira ()
Date: May 29, 2008 05:22PM

exactly, you want to gain muscles, not fat!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 29, 2008 06:03PM

I agree with Bryan and the other great posts. Eat larger, less frequent meals. Get in plenty of sprouts or dark greens to get added proteins. Walk regularly and lift weights to pack on muscle (just wanted to second those suggestions).

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: May 30, 2008 05:24AM

Weight lifting to gain weight is prone to injuries and you also need a gymn. It works but it is not the best approach. You need to be your own gymn and there are two books and a website that can assist you in achieving that goal.

1. Pushing Yourself to Power by John E. Peterson

2. Isometric Power Revolution by John E. Peterson

3. [www.transformetrics.com]

Date: May 30, 2008 01:27PM

If your naturaly thin then I'm not sure how effective using fitness to "gain weight" would be, if exercise alone put weight on, I'd be obese by now......sure you could eat hard to digest foods all day long and yeah you'll put on on (fat/water) weight because of stressing out your digestive system but then your no better off than you were when you were on cooked foods, I think it all depends on how long you've been 100% raw for, you may still be cleansing/rebuilding because I put on 20lbs when I finished transitioning but it all took time!

I say get comfortable in the skin your in.

Juss ma 2 cents

F1

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 30, 2008 02:08PM

I am naturally thin. I have never looked skinny because I was always super athletic. I was doing weight training at home just using eight pound dumb bells. I need to get back in the routine of it. The results were great. Muscle weight is the type of weight that is best to put on.

Posted by: paulieGB ()
Date: May 30, 2008 02:08PM

Nice reply F1,

I can relate to that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables