Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

muscle kinesiology
Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: May 31, 2008 01:02AM

what do you all think of practitioners using this method to diagnose, treat, test for allergies, etc? i have been going to the "best" guy in Boulder - but i am beginning to think that he projects his opinions onto his testing and that it is bunk. anyone?

also, i have not posted here in a while b/c i am totally caught between raw fruitarianism, raw green diet, and paleo diet. i know what i am being told by doctors - but what do i really need - it is so hard for me to tell.

so if i advise anyone here about any one diet in the near future - know that, although well intentioned, i am confused as all heck.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: muscle kinesiology
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 31, 2008 01:11AM

100% bunk.

[i know what i am being told by doctors - but what do i really need - it is so hard for me to tell. ]

I don't think they are really good doctors if they are making you feel that there is one true path.

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: May 31, 2008 10:42AM

If you have decent health insurance, fight for blood tests. No itchy arms (from skin prick tests).

And, no subjective practitioner's feelings.

Science has much to offer us. Offer. You don't have to buy the whole package deal. Keep using your critical thinking skills.

Posted by: ruby ()
Date: May 31, 2008 03:29PM

Bunk... in my opinion. Tried it, and my gut feeling was not positive towards it. Did not work on some people I know, either.

Paleo Diet not acceptable here.

Also, listen to your body, try not to over-think. Listen to your inner voice. I know, it takes time to be able to hear it... It's a never ending process. I am just so grateful for this forum and people here!

Good luck!

Posted by: frances ()
Date: May 31, 2008 04:20PM

A kinesiologist convinced my grandfather a few years ago that he shouldn't consume yeast or vinegar. For about a year my grandfather made my grandmother crazy by refusing to eat regular bread. He had never drunk a lot of beer, and I don't think he missed that. He quizzed waiters about whether dishes were made with vinegar. Seriously, vinegar! Waiters are used to questions about dairy, eggs, peanuts, oil, meat, carbs, soy, wheat, kosher, organic, spices, and even mushrooms. None of them have any idea which dishes are made with vinegar, and there aren't any cooked dishes you can order in most restaurants that you can assume are vinegar-free.

This probably didn't do him any harm dietarily, but I don't believe he was particularly sensitive to yeast or vinegar. He gave up the restrictions after a while because he doubted the need and it was creating stress in his marriage.

I don't think this story argues strongly for or against kinesiology, but I thought it might add to a picture.

The way my grandfather told it, he was asked to hold a vial of something and the doctor would push down on his extended arm to see how the presence of the substance affected his muscle strength. I'm not clear on whether he was told what was in the vial each time. If he knew, then that sounds like a psychosomatic reaction - he felt weaker because he believed on some level that a food was bad for him. If he didn't know, then that sounds ridiculous on the face of it. If you're allergic to a food then that doesn't mean that its mere proximity should weaken you... unless you are Superman and yeast is Kryptonite!

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 31, 2008 07:32PM

I would be very wary of any doctor who let his opinions interfere--if he's seeing through a narrow lens, he may miss something in the bigger picture of what your allergies are stemming from. A second opinion couldn't hurt.

As for diet, weeks come where I want nothing but salads... months come where I can't touch salads. On days when summer weather is here, I find myself repulsed by too many fats (rewind to the cold of February where I ate a whole durian every day).

You have to leave enough room to be flexible... Don't diet an idea, just diet what gives your being power, clarity, and strength. I don't think there's a right diet, as illustrated by ALL the different people here thriving in so many ways! I think, if it's living, grown and prepared with love, evokes delight and graciousness when eaten, and makes you feel totally, radiantly, powerfully awesome... THAT'S a right diet.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 31, 2008 07:40PM

i don't think kinesiology is bunk at all

nor do i think that any of the alternative health practices are bunk

acupuncture, chiropractic, homeopathic, herbal, raw foods ( yes, this is also considered an "alternative health practice" by MOST people) yoga, tai chi

and yes, even kinesiology

can be used

its like a buffet table, take what u want ( and is useful to you) and leave the rest

kinesiology is related to energy medicine and i've had energy medicine ( though not kinsesiology) done on me with astounding success

but its a tricky thing

cuz what method works with one person may not work on another
it doesn't make that practice bunk

it just means that the synergy is not there at that particular moment

good luck to you

Posted by: bellefleur ()
Date: June 01, 2008 06:43PM

In my experience, muscle testing is very useful, if done properly by a practitioner who can leave their own opinions/preconceptions/assumptions out of it. How the question is asked, and the intent of the asker, have an impact. I've had it done cluelessly, with results that neither harmed nor helped me, and I've had it done well, yielding very beneficial results.

Currently I see a practitioner who does energy-based healing work - she uses muscle testing to identify priority of treatment, what should be treated first, what style of work to do, etc. This has been VERY effective. I've been totally cured of several long-standing health issues through this approach. And using muscle testing to identify food sensitivities has been very helpful for me in refining my diet to improve my overall health.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables