Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!
 

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

are hot peppers bad for you?
Posted by: littlegirl ()
Date: June 13, 2006 02:45PM

I am pondering if eating raw hot peppers are bad for your stomach
and insides
I have heard from natural hygenists that they are not good for you
and then other rawfood advocates priase hot peppers and cayanne
does anyone have any experiences with this?
or know of any articles talking about the dangers of hot pepper consumption?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: are hot peppers bad for you?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 13, 2006 03:21PM

Natural hygenists will tell you a lot of silly things. smiling smiley They form opinions, call them facts and then shut out any evidence that contradicts their worldview (like the fact the monkies lick salt off rocks by the sea and swallow bitter leaves of medicinal plants whole).

If you like hot peppers you should eat hot peppers, just don't eat a whole pepper at once! winking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: are hot peppers bad for you?
Posted by: littlegirl ()
Date: June 13, 2006 04:40PM

yeah I guess so
I acually can't stand hot peppers
my friend can eat many at one time (the Habaneros)
but it seems that his digestion is really fast like the food doesn't stay in his stomach
which is not normal I think
so I think that the hot peppers could be burning up his stomach
and this would make sense because I think he has some nutrient absobtion problems
werid
but their arn't many studies on what hot peppers do to your insides

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: are hot peppers bad for you?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 13, 2006 04:44PM

I've never been a big fan of hot peppers myself. I don't think they'll "burn up your insides" though unless you eat a lot of them.

All I know is that natural natural hygenists and scientific research don't belong in the same sentence together. When you start seeing the types of "studies" they try to pass off as legit you'll see what I'm talking about. winking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: are hot peppers bad for you?
Posted by: atman ()
Date: June 13, 2006 04:46PM

From my own experience, I'd recommend avocado with hot pepper (& garlic, if you wish).

Or else, grape with garlic & ginger -- or a grape-garlic-ginger juice...

BoraBora LoveJoy
a visiting goddess

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: are hot peppers bad for you?
Posted by: vegangoddess ()
Date: June 13, 2006 05:47PM

Does anybody have any scientific matter to back up their approval or disapproval of hot peppers? I`ve been wondering the same myself.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: are hot peppers bad for you?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 13, 2006 06:02PM

Opinion:

-I think they are another one of those raw foods that you would only have to consider limiting if your diet were VERY refined.....or if you were experiencing some kind of rather bad physical reaction.

-David Mason

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: are hot peppers bad for you?
Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: June 13, 2006 06:21PM

Narz, I totally disagree at the moment, but I am open to "evidence" that would support your point of view about Natural Hygienists (though maybe this is not the thread for this? heh)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: are hot peppers bad for you?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 13, 2006 06:59PM

ThomasLantern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Narz, I totally disagree at the moment, but I am
> open to "evidence" that would support your point
> of view about Natural Hygienists (though maybe
> this is not the thread for this? heh)

The evidence is all around you. If Bryan wants to say flax seed oil is bad he will find a link from a coconut oil site saying how much better coconut oil is. The next moment he'll pick up another article saying how bad saturated fat is. Just keep your eyes open and you'll see what I mean. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: are hot peppers bad for you?
Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: June 13, 2006 11:39PM

I never had a problem eating red hot peppers but everybodys taste buds are different some people cant live without them others think they are to hot and never eat them.

As for burning a whole in your stomach habaneros are superduper hot and if you were to eat them by the cupfull ouch i dont know about the stomach burning but something else may be burning the next day when you go to the bathroom.

Love Peace and Happines,
Cherimoya

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: are hot peppers bad for you?
Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: June 13, 2006 11:55PM

I'm guessing Bryan is into Natural Hygiene? I'm still not sure I understand the context of your comments... I am guessing that my exposure to Natural Hygiene has been radically different than yours?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: are hot peppers bad for you?
Posted by: Planta ()
Date: June 14, 2006 12:28AM

The hot peppers is a fascinating subject for me. Some time ago I did some searches because I wanted to find out why people eat them. I don't have the links anymore (though I could dig for them), but my conclusions were:
- only mammals find capsaicin hot, while birds not. Hence the hypothesis that the pepers' "intention" is to repel mammals and atract birds.
- any mammal apart from humans runs fast from hot peppers
- the "hot" sensation can be considered in the category of pain since it involves the same receptors. It is not a taste (like the sweet, sour, etc).
- there are many hypotheses as to why humans eat them. My top 2 favourites: 1- some endorphin-type substances could be released after the pain, thus creating pleasure; 2- some cooling might result, which is nice in the warm countries.

Maybe I'll write more soon. I have to go now...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: are hot peppers bad for you?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 14, 2006 02:09AM

ThomasLantern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm guessing Bryan is into Natural Hygiene? I'm
> still not sure I understand the context of your
> comments...

Yeah.

and what bit don't you understand?

> I am guessing that my exposure to
> Natural Hygiene has been radically different than
> yours?

Probably not radically but just less, also since I've been foruming on rawfood boards a bit longer I probably notice the distinction more.

We used to have quite a bunch more radical NHers here in the glory days before the crash. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.


Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables