Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fevers
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 02, 2008 03:16PM

What do you guys do if you have a fever?

The weather here has been AWESOMELY warm lately, and I feel like once it's hot, there's an inner switch inside my body that gets thrown, and all I naturally want to eat are mono meals of fruit. I've been doing this since Thursday, keeping my meals between 12-8, and eating no overt fats/ONE small handful of walnuts... It's just how I want to eat when it's warm! It felt great, I was zipping around, with tons of energy, my digestion running smoothly.

And then... DETOX (probably from the total sudden lack of fat and simplicity of eating). Last night I came down with a fever. My baseline temp is always between 35.5-36.5 and this morning it was 38. My whole body aches and my head pounds when I walk. >.<

I got about 13 hours of sleep last night. I went out for some sun, have my windows open for fresh air. I'm going to get off the computer and rest. My throat is a little swollen, so I've just been drinking water with lemon juice (no food). I also have some young coconuts I can drink, but the coldness seems unappealing.

I was hoping I would have slept it off, but apparently not. Is there anything else I could do/not do to get through this ASAP? (I also have the next three days off, lucky...)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fevers
Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: June 02, 2008 04:36PM

hey phantom! sorry you're feeling poorly. embrace your fever,its your body trying to fend off something. you can help it along so it doesn't have to work so hard to raise your body temperature by wrapping up in a bunch of blankets, getting lots of sleep, and staying hydrated.

(i like my coconut water room temperature too, btw.)

what nice timing to have the next days off so you have time to rest and don't have to feel the need to push yourself to do ANYTHING. no accident, that!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2008 04:37PM by maui_butterfly.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 02, 2008 04:44PM

Sounds like you are doing the right thing. Eat very lightly or juice fast. Get only very light exercise or yoga.....with some sun and fresh air. Rest as required. If you are debilitated, do not work or worry. Keep your spirits up with books, movies, etc. as needed.

-Keep this compassionate thought in mind: I am experiencing this disease in order to be able to better help others through similar experiences. That compassion will take you beyond your own illness.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 02, 2008 05:40PM

You guys rock! Thanks for your thoughts. I should beat it quickly. >8)

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 02, 2008 06:16PM

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables