Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Menus and help!
Posted by: VeganDiva ()
Date: June 05, 2008 08:10AM

Yep, fallen off the wagon and V keen to get back on again. I won't bore you with the details!

Anyway....I've just quit my job (not good for me) as I'm going back to college in September (SO excited!), and I'm gonna have more time on my hands for a couple of months to experiment. But I won't have too much money, so am not in a position to buy superfoods.

I'm really keen on making my own green juices and smoothies and I'm UK based, so it's summer fruits galore for me (love those berries!) But I really really REALLY need some super tastysensation meals/treats to get me totally in the mood. ie a nice beautiful looking plate of food that's gonna tickle my tastebuds and feed my eyes. Yum!

I'm quite simple in my tastes and at the mo don't have gourmet talents....to cut my longwindedness short....please please could you share a couple or few of your super fave mealtime treats (and maybe pictures)???

Would so love that!

Thanks so much for your time and help! Juicy, fruity hugs with a helping of spinach, Gill xxxx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Menus and help!
Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 05, 2008 11:45AM

Okay.. I eat pretty simple weekdays..tend to do more cooking stuff at the weekend or rather..uncooking

Weekdays-- mono meals of fruit, juice, smoothies, green smoothies

more elaborate stuff:

Kebobs-- veggie and mushroom"meat" ..stuffed mushrooms.. wraps.. different dipping sauces-- mayo, gacomole, salsa,"meatballs", burgers and jimaca chips/aubergine chips, nut cheese, faux rice dishes..with cauliflower or squash

cakes, brownies, truffles, raw chocolate

few examples

What sort of equipment do you have? anything you dont like.. I will think some more for you!

Are you looking for a daily menu..or.. just some new ideas to try out?

Posted by: VeganDiva ()
Date: June 05, 2008 02:02PM

This is really fab rawdancer, thank you!

I'm really keen to try out new recipes away from my usual salads, smoothies and juices.

It's great to see what you're eating!

xx

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 05, 2008 03:31PM

Take a carton of:

raspberries
strawberries (may want to chop them a bit?)
blackberries
blueberries

Mix them in a bowl and CHOW DOWN. This is lovely if they're chilled!

Any fresh, living, vibrant food is a superfood, IMO. =D This makes me way happier inside than some gojis and cacao.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 05, 2008 04:56PM

Take advantage of the seasonal fruits..make fabulous ice cream..as well as just eating them whole!!

I mainly eat blended foods and juice..as I am on a tight budget at the moment!! and ..it makes me feel good eating that way

erm.. I have listed some organic special offers for the UK on my blog today..might be of some use to you hun!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Raw since March 2007

http://rawveganlondoner.blogspot.com/

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: June 05, 2008 11:54PM

What I do:

All the sweet fruit I want. Local peaches just started!!!!

About a head of romaine, sometimes less.
Handfuls of broccoli, cabbage, spinach, parsley etc.
carrot
Onion
tomato
zucchini
cuke
celery
handful of sprouts
red bell pepper
corn off the cob

Sometimes 1/4-1/2 California avocacdo

a couple of walnuts

a tbsp of flax

a tbsp of coconut meat

Some of this is salads, some of it is smoothies. I haven't dehydrated anything in ages or juiced in months. Sometimes I lightly steam some of the veggies. Sometimes I have some cooked beans.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables