Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

"satisfied" - body signal
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: June 06, 2008 06:58PM

I have recently experienced a change in the "satisfied" message my body sends when I have had enough to eat. After I went all raw and started listening to by body as my coach I concluded that my hunger signal worked much better then my "satisfied" signal. I countered this my focusing my attention on waiting for a slight return of hunger signal and then eating a SMALL meal. This kept me in the sweet spot of my appistat where the most physical comfort is found. I have been doing this for many months now, and now I am happy to say I have experienced a new change for the better. ;=) My "satisfied" signal has finally caught up with my eating practice and is signaling nicely when I finish a small meal. I eat mostly mono meals and I feel this is a factor. Another factor is that my body may have needed time to catch up and become sensitive enough to read the signal better. I am very pleased with this progress as it re-enforces the idea that my body signal coach is working in my best interest and is getting stronger as I continue to practice an all fresh raw vegan lifestyle.
Has anyone else experienced a "satisfied" signal improvement while raw. ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "satisfied" - body signal
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 06, 2008 07:01PM

Congratulations! Well done EZ.

Although mono-eating is, in my opinion, a 'refinement' and not a 'requirement'....it has certainly helped me....over the years of practice to receive immediate and clear signals of satiation.

Of couse, I just cannot possilby eat enough watermelon to get fat! Ha! ha!.....(although I am up for the loo about 1/2 dozen times a night lately....heh...heh).

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: June 06, 2008 07:04PM

"Has anyone else experienced a "satisfied" signal improvement while raw. ?"

I haven't as yet, but I like your methodology, and am going to try it myself. Thank you!

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: June 06, 2008 08:01PM

Your process actually was what I did to get myself in line initially. Even now, whatever else I try(or have ever tried in my past), I always come back to the smaller mono-meal approach when it's time to eat something. I also think it's a matter of eating enough, as opposed to just eating less and underconsuming :O)

Posted by: happyway ()
Date: June 06, 2008 08:16PM

Yes, my nose begins to feel like it might run, when I've had enough.
Another bite or two and I actually have to blow my nose once.
If I ignore that I will usually then notice after a few more bites that I begin to feel full, if I ignore this later I maybe sorry.

Mono meals, or simple properly combined meals are the way I eat. I feel that by following this discipline I show my body that I respect it, which makes it worthwhile for it to communicate with me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables