Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

hungry
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 08, 2008 10:05PM

hi. been doing about 80% raw for the past 5 weeks. I feel good, but i still am feeling constantly hungry, as if i am bieng fully nourished. why is this? Like the earlier topic listed inthe forum, i am also a little confused about thingst to consume. I've found myself eating lots of salads and fruit, mainly because of lack of knowledge about other things to eat.Also, i've been using a lot of canned corn and garbanzo beans. No good? any advice would be greatly appreciated

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: hungry
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 08, 2008 10:49PM

If you are SURE you are eating ENOUGH raw foods.....and getting all the nutrition you need (very fibrous and bulky veggies...with a little nuts works good)....then it's an emotional issue - of course. If you are still transitioning to YOUR goals....feel free to find a filling....'healthier' snack like fruit popscicles or popcorn or whatever.....to help you feel more satisfied. Try to get a LITTLE fat with most meals...to increase your sense of satiation. Just some tips that helped me while transitioning....many moons ago. winking smiley

-Of course, you could always just 'sit' with your hunger for one meal. See what it feels like. winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 08, 2008 10:54PM

For me.. I am always hungry when I am still eating SAD food.. when I just eat vibrant ripe food..I dont have any problem with hunger.

Agreed with the above. Depends on YOUR goals.

Give an example what you are eating perhaps?

Add in more smoothies, salads, fruits ..more dense foods perhaps? or just quantity?

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: June 09, 2008 12:52AM

I have a little treat I make for my three year old and myself that makes me feel like I'm being really "bad" when I eat it, but it's good: I take 1/2 cup soaked almonds (which I got while they were still really raw), and make almond milk (2 cups). Then I add a few dates, a little agave, some raw cacao and a banana or two, whip them into a frenzy and freeze them in popsicle molds. Yum!!! Protein, good fats, calories, chocolate -- very "treaty", and I feel satisfied after I eat one or two.

Posted by: Rawtastic ()
Date: June 09, 2008 05:28AM

I had to learn the difference between thirst and hunger. Sometimes it's difficult to discern. I'd drink a glass of water and if the hunger didn't subside after 20 minutes, I'd eat something. Also, as others have said, check your calorie intake and also keep an eye on food combining- if you're having trouble digesting you're going to feel hungry.

Try to toss the cans and go for the fresh cooked versions of the foods as you transition. Take your time getting to 100%.

good luck!

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: June 09, 2008 07:52AM

Nothing wrong with 80% but you definitely should drop the canned corn and canned beans. There's nothing nutritious about either. If you want the gabazambo beans, at least to go the health food store and buy it out of the bulk bins and cook it yourself. It would be less...dead and processed. And the sugar in the corn is probably contributing to the hunger. I don't know why..I just know that stuff is addicting for SAD people. Especially if there is high fructose corn syrup in the ingredients or if you're putting butter on it.

Try Smoothies. Those are good for transitioning and getting full. Just blend whatever fruit you want and drink 16-32oz and see how you feel. Instead of the canned junk, try just having some kind of cooked meal for dinner and then wean off that eventually. I say dinner cause I think most people have an easier time going raw/fruit for breakfast even if its just a few banannas or orange juice...than cooked and then raw the rest of the day.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2008 07:55AM by LikeItOrNot.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 09, 2008 11:55AM

I don't think corn and garbanzos are unhealthy. As a raw foodist, I try to get raw corn and sprouted garbanzos for the nutrients in them, including zinc, which is hard to come by on raw.

I would give it some time. I had raw periods where I was unsatiable as well.

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: June 09, 2008 05:33PM

What's happening is that you are used to eating cooked food, and when you eat cooked food it sits in your stomach for hours while the stomach tries to figure out how to digest it, before giving up on it and passing it along.

With raw food, it digests in probably less than an hour, so you are having the sensation of an empty stomach between meals.

Eating more often might be the solution. It's called grazing, and you just eat small meals all day long.

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: June 09, 2008 05:51PM

What's up with Hoodia? Lately Super Supplements has been running ads on the radio station we are required to listen to at work, like every 15 minutes. So it's kind of drilled into my head - something in some cactus that surpresses appetite. I have problems controlling my hunger too and well, the inundation of the ads are seriously making me wonder if this could help me transition. What is Hoodia exactly, and how does it work?

Angie

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables