Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Looking for help: UK mag story
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 09, 2008 11:44AM

Hi

I am hoping to write a story for a British magazine and am looking to find any female British citizens who can help. Basically I am on the look out for any (former?) fruitarians/raw food eaters who may have not been entirely successful or indeed had any health consequences.

Would be great if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks a lot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking for help: UK mag story
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: June 09, 2008 01:32PM

Why do you want to know about people who have had problems? Seems like the wrong angle to me

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: June 09, 2008 01:34PM

Ha, you want us to point you to someone who failed so you can write an article saying how dangerous the raw food diet is? I think you're asking the wrong people!

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: June 09, 2008 02:13PM

Yes, really! Why don't you consider writing about the wonderful successes that so many of us have had? Or instead of writing about the failures of a raw diet, consider writing instead about the enormous failures of a conventional cooked food diet?

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: June 09, 2008 05:01PM

Just because someone is not successful with the raw food diet is not an indication that the diet is unhealthy. Health is a consequence of many factors outside of diet, and focusing on the diet as the cause of some problem is a very limited perspective.

From my experience of seeing people who had problems with their health on the raw diet, the issues were there before the person went raw, and going raw was the catalyst for the body healing itself. However, how the person reacted to this healing process determined whether or not the healing was successful or aborted.

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: June 09, 2008 05:04PM

Why dobn't you write an article about cooked-food eaters who may have not been entirely successful or indeed had any health consequences.

Date: June 09, 2008 08:46PM

I'm not a British female but I'm a British male that had SERIOUS problems with Fruitarianism.....so much so that I cannot turn back!

BECAUSE I'M HAVING TOO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!

It seriously changed my life for the better and caused serious progress to my fitnress performance to the point where I can now do an "unassisted" ONE ARM CHIN UP.....why don't you write about that!...or the many people that lose weight and get control of their health back!

just because someone doesn't do well on the raw diet doesn't mean it's a failure, a lot of people attempt to go raw all by themselves with no help or support, so yes there's always going to be people going around complaining about how bad they felt when they first went raw and blaming the whole raw food lifestyle for their detox symptoms but that's what separates the wheat from the chaff!

F1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2008 08:53PM by The Fruitarian One.

Posted by: Azura Skye ()
Date: June 10, 2008 10:22AM

I'm a British female who is loving eating lots of fruit - every day!
Not a problem - just a joy.

I think you are in a position to help people, and spread positive messages about lifestyle changes that we all need to take. Life and health is not just about food - it is about attidude and loads of other factors like air quality, exercise, social bonding - soo many things that food plays one role in.
Focusing on one aspect of the whole is the the problem with the western psyche - we get too focused on one thing and expect everything to change - we need to always look at everything holistically.

Please use your power to spread some positive messages : ))

--------------------------------------------------

[www.azurastorch.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: June 14, 2008 05:16PM

I've been doing raw foodism for many years now and I got very ill at one point for about 2 years and wondered if it was my diet, but I also recovered on raw foodism.

If you want to rubbish raw food veganism, I know a person who will give you what you want. But IMO is not reliable. however if you want reliable info just look at the posts here.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: June 14, 2008 08:18PM

I think it's been about 5 years for me now mostly raw. The consequences of my diet are

1)being mistaken for a person significantly younger,

2)a very high grocery bill

3) having to get a 2-3 monster heads of romaine a 3 or more times a week, which is a pain.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables