Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hey y'all!
Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: June 09, 2008 06:02PM

Just wanted to say hello again, it's been awhile since I posted. Have been working like MAD at work (80 hrs. week) to support my vegetable and fruit tree gardening habit, which I will have to post some pictures of eventually because I have made MASS progress. Which I am REALLY proud of!

I'm struggling with a bit of conflicting time management tasks, with regards to raw food.

First and foremost as we definitely have all noticed, the price of fruits and veggies has gone through the ROOF. And I have been hoarding money from my low wage job to buy good quality bareroot fruit trees and working obsessively to create garden beds, collect and make compost, dig, plant, etc.

On one hand, I have fallen WAY WAY off the wagon with regards to EATING raw food. I went from about 75-80% to basically just home-grown lettuce and spinach once a day and frozen strawberries blended into a green smoothie. And the rest, the CHEAPEST SAD food I can find. But I am looking at the long term gain.

Gardening time lasts only 6 months a year. Producing my own will allow me to get out of the financial trap of deeply wanting to go raw, but not being able to afford to go raw as much as I desire. I have been studying how to root-cellar store and dry different varieties of what I'm growing...

so I guess the purpose of this post is... to first of all work through some emotions.

I feel kind of a conflict - both happy, as if I am moving forward, yet a bit frustrated with my current situation (blood sugars higher than they should be, making mistakes at work due to the spaciness - especially today - I had a really bad experience with a customer).

And second, to say HELLO! And sorry I've been gone for the past 2 or 3 months! I have been thinking about you all and missing your support and interesting discussions. This is always the best place to come for support!!

Angie

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hey y'all!
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 09, 2008 08:14PM

That is totally, totally, awesome and inspiring that you are growing trees!! Congratulations!! I'm sure it seems like a HUGE investment now, but those trees will love you until the end. This summer may be rough--but think about next summer!

As for food, if prices are too much for you to really stay raw in spite of everything else, just stick to the healthiest, whole foods, cooked kind of things to eat.

I think you said you're a fan of Indian food, right? Lentils are super cheap!

And, you know... you can also sprout them. >8)

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables