Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Waiting for the dust to clear
Posted by: Duo ()
Date: June 12, 2008 07:58PM

It encourages and discourages me at once to hear that it took a decade or so to come to a place of understanding your body and settling (at least for the present) on a particular way of eating and healing.

Now, I am wondering if I can take something from the replies to this post and come closer to what works for me. Although that is somewhat of a contrdiction.. asking others' advice and wanting to find out for myself, for my body.

A six month old little boy shares most of my attention these days, making the time that I have to read and learn (and search around archives) very limited and precious. I have 'lurked' around for awhile here and have been reading everything i could find on "health" since i was 15 and was first told that i could take food in pills... supplements Ha.. So... I decided to post specifically.

I realize I am taking a long time to explain, which makes my next statement somewhat ironic. Direct information is much appreciated.!

So here I am:

female
breastfeeding 1st child- 6 months- plan to continue 2-4 years
Acne since 13
4 wisdom teeth must be removed
Extremely crowded teeth, no dentist in years prior

Questions concerning acne:
--read of skin diabetes, glucose intolerance of the skin
BUT want a more Fruitarian approach.. Fruit sugar + exsisting acne = ?
Could eat fruit all day, but should I??

--Bought oils galore hoping to help heal: Neem,Tamanu, Kukui, Jojoba, Rosehip Seed, Grape seed, Coconut...... now using only castille liquid soap.. Occasional cucumber or tomato. No oils. Washing hair once a week w/ same soap. Dry skin brushing. .....Is this too simple an approach to take before internally healthy?

Tried and read extensively:Herbalism: good results, I use tinctures and sun-infusions: why don't herbalism and a raw lifestyle go together? When with one, I find little talk of the other.

Addicted to picking and squeezing. Once hypothesized: "I create my own acne by messing with it." Now, I know that is partially true, but stop touching entirely for a week and there are clean whiteheads, large blackheads, no redness.

TEETH AND GUMS: All 4 wisdom teeth need removal, recommendation to remove 4 other teeth simultaneously, then apply metal orthodontics. Prescribed antibiotics which I avoid along with immunizations. Will need IV sedation as well. --- Do I have other options? The procedures must be done, I self referred to all, and strongly beleive in my decision.... Antibiotics though.? Painkillers.?

Emotional: Family memberS dying from cancer- want badly to show them what I have accumulated so far. Feel like a joke because nothing I read or practice is affecting my own health dramatically. Its like I can't be taken for fact until my own body can do the talking...most apparently my skin.

... I just spent an hour between baby and computer.. thank you if you're still here. Apologies if this is just a general please help post. I dont think of myself as lazy. I am just wanting specific information. Seems like Ive read enough by now to have put something into practice that WORKS for me... Cant search any more archives!!! There are two sides with equally persuasive arguments to nearly everything I have ever been interested in. Thank you for your opinion and help and success stories either way.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Waiting for the dust to clear
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 13, 2008 03:17AM

Welcome and glad to see you are posting and asking questions. You have many issues, many probably would clear on their own once you actually start eating more raw foods, quality fresh ripe fruits, tender young greens etc. and if not or if difficult to digest greens try juicing them along with things like beets and other veggies. You can also make green and fruit smoothies. I take herbal tinctures and also have started some medicinal tea which is helping me. This is your road and you get to decide what you add or take with your on your personal road to health.

Get your teeth done when you are able to, although there is much you can do to clean gums and infections..see [mizar5.com] for more info. on holistic means for teeth.

Breastfeeding is great..I did it for 2 and 1/2 yrs. with my second child. Clean your childs teeth nightly and don't let him linger or fall asleep at the breast while laying down with you..there is a lot of sugars in breast milk and can erode their teeth over time. Just cleanse with a clean soft paper towel and a little hydrogen peroxide and or mixed with a bit of pure water. You can use same formula to cleanse your face or use a bit of iodine mixed with a bit of coconut oil for face..helps kill the bacteria that spreads the acne.

If you feel like you could eat fruits all day, then I say go ahead..when your body wants something more or something else it will let you know..as long as it's not processed and considered junk foods.

Best 2 tips for you is check out Iodine for young mothers, nursing mothers, etc..and also check out some raw food books from your local library as they will help and you can pick up a book to read a chapter while baby is breastfeeding, or napping. Websites are fun, but there are tons of raw food websites now..and it is hard to figure out which ones to give time to.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: June 14, 2008 11:03PM

I have a question about iodine as well - and am also breastfeeding my son. How do we get it? I have seen it on other threads, but don't really even understand the importance of it. It isn't something that Drs typically recommend, not that I ever go to the dr - but it isn't a common reference to something lacking in diet in the mainstream world. Any info?

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 14, 2008 11:10PM

A lot of SAD eaters and processed food eaters get iodine from fortified table salt. You can get it naturally from seaweed (raw or non-raw).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables