Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Gray hair advise
Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: July 01, 2008 03:16PM

Dear all,

I wanted to know if there is anything I an eat (or stop eating) to reduce gray hair.. I seem to be getting some gray and I do NOT want to color my hair. I never have colored my hair before either. I want to know if there is any fruit/ veg/ green that I can eat to control gray hair.

Does gray hair even turn black again? I have some if the front and would be great if it will turn black again.

Thanks for your help.

Take care
A Iyer

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gray hair advise
Posted by: cy ()
Date: July 01, 2008 08:34PM

I know that seaweed is excellent for hair and makes it soft and full.Might be good for gray hair too.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 01, 2008 08:59PM

I too have mostly gray hair.
I am only 44!!
But I use a very harsh commercial color to keep it dark.
I do know that the raw foodists,who are totally committed,usually wear little if any make-up or other products.
Maybe I should go gray and accept it.
I dont want to get old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 01, 2008 10:42PM

i've heard of people fasting and getting rid of all their grey/white hair

gosh.. i forget the name of the guy... was it Arnold Ehret of Mucusless Diet who wrote this one fasting "treatise" where he said he got all his hair to go back to its non grey color again? I forget who but there have been plenty

just google it or something... not sure what you'll get there but i know i've read that as being a side effect benefit in a few fasting essays etc.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 02, 2008 01:34AM

I think Ann Wigmore got her natural hair color back after she started drinking wheat grass juice.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 02, 2008 01:47AM

It's all standard stuff. Light fasting, juice fasting, sunlight, fresh air, avoiding high fats.....these will give you the greatest grounds for health.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: July 02, 2008 05:40AM

Hello, I was told by my homeopath that it can be reversed, though especially if it is WHITE it can be reversed. What you need is more minerals. I have pulled out hair off of my head that was white at the end and brown at the root, maybe 20 hairs like this! Its true. Fasting...I don't know if that would work, unless it would help you increase mineral absorption....just think about what minerals your body uses for its hair color, like iron. Hair isn't that important so if you don't have enough it would chose to deprive the hair rather than some other body part. Good luck! I should add though I think grey and white hair can be very pretty and nice too.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: July 02, 2008 12:40PM

My gray hairs don't bother me at all; I call them my "silver strands of wisdom". My son said that to his aunt in her defense at a holiday party, and she replied by saying, "Jake, you are IN my will!" I have never colored my hair, but I do have some henna just in case I get a wild hair (that doesn't want to be gray). Wear your silver strands of wisdom proudly!

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: July 02, 2008 02:11PM

I look really young for my age and I'm kind of happy I have a few white silver hairs growing in - I've counted 5 on top of my head. But maybe people just think I'm prematurely gray now...lol. I always admired how my relatives looked very regal with their head full of shiny white silver hair in contrast to their brown skin. It will be interesting to see if eating raw foods eliminates my white hairs altogether. If it doesn't I'm cool with it....they're really white, shiny and soft. Don't know where I got this, but I thought gray hair tended to be brittle and dry...I think being raw helps with this as well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2008 02:13PM by rawangel.

Posted by: flash ()
Date: July 02, 2008 04:48PM

It's difficult to see the gray in my thinning hair because I keep it very short. My facial hair, being thicker, is more visible. The gray/white hairs there have been gradually getting darker over the previous year of my high-raw eating. I read that cucumber is good for reversing graying hair and eat at least 5 large ones per week.

flash

Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: July 02, 2008 11:53PM

I dont care about the grey hair, but what about the RECEDING hair!! I dont want to go bald and im losing hair on the front top. It seems to be growing back since I went raw/fruitarian but stilol need it to grow back I heard balding is NOT heriditary it is from poor diet!

Posted by: hyldemoer ()
Date: July 03, 2008 05:29AM

Folic acid.

Everybody has different requirements for it depending on their genetic makeup and lifestyle.

Posted by: flash ()
Date: July 03, 2008 04:33PM

roadrunner,

I dont care about the grey hair, but what about the RECEDING hair!! I dont want to go bald and im losing hair on the front top. It seems to be growing back since I went raw/fruitarian but stilol need it to grow back I heard balding is NOT heriditary it is from poor diet!

My dad, his dad and all his brothers are/were bald on top and all his sisters had very thin hair. My brother and I are balding. This would suggest that baldness is hereditary. On the other hand, we all probably have had nearly identical diets for most, if not all, of our lives.

I have been 75% raw for just over a year now and while my hair loss has not reversed, I believe it has stopped. Perhaps when I get to 100% it will reverse.

flash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2008 04:44PM by flash.

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: July 03, 2008 04:51PM

Ann Wigmore had gray hair at one time, along with all kinds of other problems!

"Through the American eating habits I developed cancer of the colon, arthritis, hernia, migraine headaches, blood poisoning, depression and gray hair by the time I was fifty….I knew the only thing to do was turn back to nature….So gradually I developed the Living Foods Lifestyle and returned to nature. It took me about three years to regain my health. Today I have improved the Living Food Lifestyle which means being able to regain health in only several months rather than several years . . A video taken of her three months before her death shows a woman in her eighties moving about like a young woman--limber, energetic, and intellectually sharp."

You can see pics of her with her hair color restored, it's a brown. The first pic is in the shade but the second pic is in the sun and you can easily see that its brown. It's all different shades too so it's unlikely to be dyed:
[www.annwigmore.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2008 04:57PM by Lillianswan.

Posted by: mira ()
Date: July 04, 2008 04:44AM

then why did she die so young...83 is really not that old

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: July 04, 2008 04:54AM

I think she died in a fire and was very healthy at the time. You could probably google it.

Sapphire

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 04, 2008 05:42AM

mira

<<then why did she die so young...83 is really not that old>>

whether or not people die in a fire

people die

and if they lived to be 150 years old

so what?

Posted by: mira ()
Date: July 05, 2008 03:38AM

I just dont think that 83 is old, for a natural death of course...

Date: July 06, 2008 09:59AM

i read that a lack of zinc was a major factor, as well
as undoubtedly things like stress and axiety

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: July 06, 2008 10:03AM

and i read copper deficiency.
apparently vitamin c, copper and zinc have to be in the right balance.

Posted by: yogi33 ()
Date: July 06, 2008 04:40PM

My mom and I started to notice after raw foods and juicing w/wheatgrass shots each day..that we were not needing to color our hair as often! A huge difference has occured!

Posted by: goodsamaritan ()
Date: July 08, 2008 04:05PM

Eat fruits with the highest amounts of vitamin C.
Guavas, Mangos and Papayas in my country.
Whatever equivalent vitamin C loaded fruits you have in your country.
Load up everyday until your hair turns black again.
I read white hair is a nutritional deficiency.
14 day orange juice fast or feast should get you started.

I was getting quite a bit of white hair 4 years ago, it's all black now.

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: July 08, 2008 06:21PM

Orange juice fast may create deficiencies somewhere else in the body, besides it is a lot of sugar

Posted by: ruby ()
Date: July 09, 2008 03:35PM

I just read that REJUVELAC is one of the answers for reversing graying hair to its natural color (there are many, many other benefits, of course). REJUVELAC - fermented, sprouted grain drink - totally RAW! I am making a first batch as we speak.

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: July 09, 2008 04:29PM

The fermentation does not always work. I would not use it

Rejuvelac. We used to call it rejuve-rot. It is not a Hippocrates invention, it is a traditional drink from the Baltic countries. We used it in the past because we thought it had lacto-bacteria. We paid for a study on rejuvelac; we naively thought the fermentation would always be good bacteria. The study found that this was not the case; 40% of the batches tested were good, 60% were bad. Also, you cannot tell by the smell if the bacteria are good or bad. Instead, you can use acidophilus supplements, and they can be taken as implants also.
[www.living-foods.com]

Date: July 09, 2008 07:22PM

I was going to add I heard rejuvelac is good for gray hair.

Also, a natural temporary fix might be henna dye? It just doesn't last very long though.

Posted by: new2raw81 ()
Date: July 10, 2008 07:07PM

Roadrunner,

I would believe what you said to be very true, although I know nothing about raw foods or hair. Here is a picture to show you just how much I know about hair! See any grays? I started losing my hair at 19, so it would make a great deal of sense to contribute that to my bad diet...my diet must've been even worse than I thought!

new2raw81
Red
[new2raw81.blogspot.com]

Posted by: new2raw81 ()
Date: July 10, 2008 07:07PM

Oh my! I am SO sorry that the picture is so huge!

new2raw81
Red
[new2raw81.blogspot.com]

Posted by: kola ()
Date: July 11, 2008 07:26PM

Reversing graying hair would be helped by having strong digestive, absorptive and utilization capabilities. This is so key. Along with restoring the ecology of the digestive system, it would be prudent to check its strength. One of the first things you may want to check is your hydrochloric acid production. Years of eating a bad diet can and does compromise digestive function. So even if you are eating wonderful things, most people will not be able to digest, absorb and utilize much of what they eat. It is my belief that most people suffer from not producing enough hydrochloric acid, or the acid they do produce isn't strong enough. As far as minerals and phyto-chemicals are concerned, it is mainly the hydrochloric acid that will help to extract them from digested food by breaking them down into their ionic components in route to being absorbed by the body.
I believe that Ms Anne Wigmore was able to reverse her graying hair by improving her digestive strength and thereby helping to make the minerals and phyto-chemicals in produce more bio-available. The juicing and blending she did also made what was in the foods more bio-available.
After a lifetime of not eating well, it will take some time to restore the body to high function, so it would behoove us to overcompensate for the damage thats been done to your bodies as we seek to detoxify, repair and rebuild. To overcompensate and saturate your body in a healthy way, you may want to juice, blend, and eat simply and for volume. Juicing and blending is very important at least initially.
The equally important and severely under-appreciated aspect of graying hair is lack of sleep or poor management of stress. Most hair growth occurs at night. SLEEP IS ULTRA-important. If you sleep deeply and well you will help to restore nerve function and help to manage stress. Most people suffer from a low-level fatigue or adrenal fatigue. This helps to gray the hair. Look at our past presidents of the US. Every single one of them has gone prematurely gray. Stress - even low-level stress is no joke. Its depletes your bodily reserves of enzymes, minerals and amino acids. Stress is unavoidable but managing the stress is key. If you don't sleep deeply you are practicing the 'law of diminishing returns'. You spend a significant portion of a day on your back, so it must be important. Bust your butt to sleep well and Master the art of sleeping.
For men: Be wary of ejaculating often. This will seriously deplete bodily reserves, and greatly contribute to adrenal fatigue. If you must, find a way to orgasm without ejaculation(look around and you will find material to help you) or just don't ejaculate as much. Give your body a chance to repair and restore. Your body uses all that energy and resources to make sperm. A teaspoon of sperm contains a powerhouse of nutrients. Don't spend that Essence too quickly. It has consequences. Adrenal fatigue, graying and recession of hair are few of them.

Take care all...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables