Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Possible to be to alkaline?
Posted by: sebzzz ()
Date: July 04, 2008 12:23AM

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to be too much on the alkaline side. I read everywhere that tons of greens is the way to go, but can we overdo it?

I ask that because I'm starting to introduce way more greens leafy vegetables since reading Green for Life and I also noticed on charts on the Internet that most fruits and vegetables are already alkalizing.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Possible to be to alkaline?
Posted by: warm-glow ()
Date: July 04, 2008 04:38AM

Yes anything is possible but IIRC respiration (breathing) and exercise trend the body to acidify. IMO it's better to be overly alkaline since the body trends toward acidification then being in an acidosis condition and needing alkaline foods. Extremes are not good in either direction.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 06, 2008 03:48AM

Yes, if you're too alkaline it can mean you're lacking gut flora.

Get some PH strips and test. Don't assume you're alkaline just because you eat a ton of vegetables. Some people still have problems with being acidic regardless of what they eat. I've been fasting for weeks, juicing 1-2lbs of greens a day and my PH is still low.

Watch out with the charts on the internet. A lot of them are varied and show some things as alkaline and another chart says it isn't. I've always read that the more ripe and spotted a bananna is, the more alkaline it is. Today, I read on another website that also seems reputable..They claim the more ripe a bananna is then it's more on the acidic side. So who to believe..

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 06, 2008 10:55AM

Posted by: LikeItOrNot
Date: July 05, 2008 08:48PM

So who to believe..

Listen to your body.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 06, 2008 01:32PM

EZ rider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Posted by: LikeItOrNot
> Date: July 05, 2008 08:48PM
>
> So who to believe..
>
> Listen to your body.

Not everyone's body "talks" to them.

I can eat a banana ripe or unripe, doesn't matter to me. I don't like them much anyway. If I went by what I liked the taste of, I'd be eating pizza.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 06, 2008 01:43PM

Not being able to hear body signals would make navigating difficult. Good luck.

Posted by: yogi33 ()
Date: July 06, 2008 04:37PM

I have found that if I become too alkaline, bladder infections begin but as soon as I eat acidic foods for a time they always go away. Best to get the strips and stay on top of it smiling smiley

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: July 07, 2008 05:58PM

In Conscious Eating by Gabriel Cousens he says that the body will acidify an alkaline body by "shifting acid elements from the stomach to compensate".

[www.google.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables