Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

This might be the wrong place to ask about this but...
Posted by: karmele ()
Date: July 10, 2008 10:48PM

Ok, so I am new to this and still researching it. Came across a blog where they claim that a lot of raw-foodists eat a diet very high in fats and that the best diet (of course everyone claims their diet is the best) is the seemingly called 80/10/10 diet where fats like nuts and seed and dehydrated and gourmet raw foods play little or no part on and you basically eat fruit and veggies (sounds awfully boring but well). So what do you guys think about this? Apologies if this has been covered a million times before.

Also, could anyone recommend a good nutrition book? I am guessing I will have to read very many before finding the "real truth out there" (provided this truth exists and it's not a different one for each different individual) but any ideas where should I start?

At this stage those of you who have read a couple of my posts I'm sure you have guessed that I am just SOOOO lost

Thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This might be the wrong place to ask about this but...
Posted by: karmele ()
Date: July 10, 2008 10:53PM

Just to clarify, this is Dr Douglas Graham's diet I am talking about.

By the way I have now been for a week eating two meals a day based on fruit and vegetables and some dressings only and I feel a lot better. But also scared about how some people have fallen ill with this raw diet thing etc.

Anyway thanks again.

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: July 11, 2008 01:16AM

Baring the ocassional adventure into eating rocks and small animals, other primates, monkeys, eat a diet of 69% fruit, 25% leaves and 6% seeds. I belive this is calculated by volume and if it were calculated by calorie it might be close to 80/10/10. So, unless you're an alien, it's probably a diet worth looking into.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2008 01:16AM by Lillianswan.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 11, 2008 01:39AM

Experimenting is the only way to find the real truth about what works for you.
Learn to listen to your body as your own personal raw food coach.

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: July 11, 2008 02:05AM

This topic has been covered many times here, just search the site for 80/10/10 and you should get lots of great info to help you out. I loved the book, it helped me get on the raw track, and now I am much more able to figure it out by "listening to my body." (A foreign concept when I first started the journey.) Although, just today, I got my book back from a friend of mine and am going to browse through it again soon. Feel free to ask questions of any sort, anytime!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables