Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Need advice, serious health situation, please read!
Posted by: new2raw81 ()
Date: July 11, 2008 02:48PM

A very special friend of mine is experiencing some serious health issues, mostly seeming to be stemming from G.I. issues. She has been experiencing issues for some time now (close to a year), has had about every imaginable test run on her and has NO answers. I blogged about the situation on my blog and would be forever greatful if anyone might have any suggestions or thoughts. I know everyone is busy, but please share if you can! It is my most recent blog post. Thank you so much in advance!

new2raw81
Red
[new2raw81.blogspot.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need advice, serious health situation, please read!
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 11, 2008 02:53PM

She might want to contact Dave Klein (www.livingnutrition.com), who healed himself of Chrohn's and is a nutrition coach. He kind of specializes in helping people with GI problems.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: July 11, 2008 02:55PM

If mainstream medicine can't figure out her problem, maybe she should try some type of holistic healer.

Posted by: new2raw81 ()
Date: July 11, 2008 03:06PM

In my blog, I forgot to mention that she has been dropping weight like crazy and can't keep anything down currently.

I did mention that she had ceased eating meat earlier this year and quit dairy as well. Her "friends" finally convinced her that she was so sick "because she stopped eating meat" and that "meat is a natural healer because it has amino acids"!!! I am SO upset at this point. She is scared to death that she is dying and they're not going to figure it out and NOW her "friends" have convinced her to put meat into her body because "it's a healer"!? SERIOUSLY?? I care for her so much, she is like a second mother to me and I just hate what is happening and the "direction" she is recieving sad smiley

new2raw81
Red
[new2raw81.blogspot.com]

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: July 11, 2008 03:33PM

Been there myself - Dave Klein only speaks from his experiences and doesn't hold any new answers unfortunately. I wasted money on him once. BUT, he may help her with a consult. His book helps those new to raw foods though and would be suggested to purchase.

I would first decide how you want to tackle the situation. Considering she is new to raw it can be very, very trying for her to deal with her issues and go raw.

I would suggest ONLY eating the foods that DO NOT cause any discomfort and eating SMALLER meals as a basis to start. If going raw get educated and read, read, read. Just because it's raw doesn't mean it will be good for her also. Do not be afraid to steam for example. Only take advice from people who have been there also. There are tons more ideas but ultimately GI issues are individual and she will have to forge her own path. It can take up to a year if not more to get stable. Say goodbye to her previous eating habits if it is bad as you say unfortunately.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: July 11, 2008 03:35PM

The institute that is in Israel and I think Arizona has had success with people with these type of problems. People on this forum will instantly be able to name it i am sure.

I think eating soy products and grains could exacerbate these problems - I'm sure I've heard that green juices and wheatgrass are the way to go.

I wish you and your friend all the luck in the world.

love Philippa

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 11, 2008 04:56PM

flipperjan

ISRAEL and ARIZONA?

are these the SAME institutes?

are you talking about Tree of Life ( Patagonia)

i didn't know it was in israel as well

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: July 11, 2008 06:10PM

Yes I know it sounds weird but I think I'm talking about The Hippocrates Institute
but I understand that this is a bit of a 'hot potato' on this forum. I think I've heard about the Israel retreat as it is easier for some people to get to from the U.K and maybe a bit cheaper.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 11, 2008 08:50PM

Post more details and symptoms on www.curezone.com and you'll find some help.

She probably has parasites and needs a colon cleanse. Amazing how many "GI" problems are fixed from doing cleanses.

Posted by: goodsamaritan ()
Date: July 11, 2008 11:47PM

See my website.
Do it yourself cures.
[www.curemanual.com]
He can email me for advice.

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: July 12, 2008 12:19PM

Hi there,

Well I know exactly how your friend K feels. Tell her she is not alone and can email me anytime. I know exactly what she is going through. I gave up on doctors because I was tired of feeling like a lab rat! I have extreme GI problems all leading down to Inflammatory Bowel Disease. There are two main kinds, Chrones Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. I can tell you I have Chrones Disease even though not 100% diagnosed because I throw up, you only get that with Chrones. The raw diet has helped me immensely. I can't emphasis that enough. First I started out with a 7 day green juice fast. I know, I was totally new to raw and eating meat when I started. Then I moved on to green smoothies and then finally to fruit. Tell your friend to be very careful with fruit at first and greens. Greens will go down the best if she blends them and they will feel good to her system. I recommend wheatgrass to, for it gives a ton of energy. Tell her to read "Healing Inflammatory Bowel Disease" I think it's called by Paul Nisson. He does a wonderful job of explaining.

Lizard

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables