Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to RAW
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 11, 2008 03:44PM

Hi..so i have been researching about transitioning into a raw life style and I am a bit overwhelmed but I really want to do it. I was wondering if anyone thinks a detox is necessary and if so do you have any detox methods i can follow? Also, it seems like it is hard to know which foods are right and all that and if anyone had a website i could visit to help me begin that would be great. Thanks for the help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to RAW
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 11, 2008 05:35PM

I favor the "keep it simple" approach to raw. Just get some raw foods that you like and eat them when hungry. Keep your meals simple and very easy to prepare. Learn to listen to your body as your raw food coach. Take your time and relax. Enjoy the raw food lifestyle. :-)

Date: July 11, 2008 05:56PM

Hi

I hope today finds you well. I felt greatly impressed after reading
your profile today. My name is Mary Please I have some thing to discuss with you . I will like you to write me on my email address; mary05mark@yahoo.fr to enable us discuss in details.

I hope hearing from you soonest.
Thanks for your understanding.
Mary

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: July 11, 2008 06:14PM

mary0123 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi
>
> I hope today finds you well. I felt greatly
> impressed after reading
> your profile today. My name is Mary Please I have
> some thing to discuss with you . I will like you
> to write me on my email address;
> mary05mark@yahoo.fr to enable us discuss in
> details.
>

> I hope hearing from you soonest.
> Thanks for your understanding.
> Mary

I received the exact same message in my private email. Is this spam? If not, my apologies.

Date: July 11, 2008 06:18PM

fruityU22 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi..so i have been researching about transitioning
> into a raw life style and I am a bit overwhelmed
> but I really want to do it. I was wondering if
> anyone thinks a detox is necessary and if so do
> you have any detox methods i can follow? Also, it
> seems like it is hard to know which foods are
> right and all that and if anyone had a website i
> could visit to help me begin that would be great.
> Thanks for the help!

I think it depends on your particular body and how toxic you may or may not be. I went on a 30 day juice fast before transitioning and that worked well for me a year ago. I've fasted periodically since then and am 100% raw now. I'm still experiencing "detox" with a mild breakout of ezcema near my mouth for example. You, on the other hand, may only need to jump in and begin eating raw. Whatever your body needs to heal will be healed and the same goes with whatever toxins needs to be cleared. Then the rebuilding phase beings. It's never over. ;-) As was already shared above, simply listen to your body is my sincere advice.

Posted by: new2raw81 ()
Date: July 11, 2008 06:36PM

I'm sure this sounds silly, but this is the part that scares me to death! Detox makes me scared!! Am I being silly or is this a founded fear?

new2raw81
Red
[new2raw81.blogspot.com]

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 11, 2008 06:57PM

If you don't want to experience a rush of detox then just start eating the raw foods without any fasting or cleansing before starting and your body will progress at its own speed and in its own time.

Date: July 11, 2008 07:51PM

I don't think you need to have a horrible detox. Some people can't wait because they have a serious illness, and need to go 100% immediately. For most people with busy jobs and lives it might be easier to slowly transition into raw foods, so as to not get overwhelmed or discouraged. Just do what feels right for you! smiling smiley

Date: July 11, 2008 08:11PM

I agree with EZ rider. Just eat raw foods and don't accelerate the process by fasting. Don't be afraid of detox, you may not even experience it. Some people do not.

My own was pretty mild...just a lot of runny noses and mucus coming out of my chest for weeks on end, fatigue and my skin breaking out. Then it stopped and life has been pretty good since. :-)

Walk through your fear, eat raw and enjoy your food.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables