Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

protein powder that is 811 friendly
Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: July 13, 2008 11:06PM

OK. So I am craving fruit and can't do the high protein thing my doctors want me on. That being said, it is true that my body responds well to a small amount of overt protein like fish or chicken or protein powder. I just don't want to eat flesh. I was thinking I could follow 811 guidelines and supplement with one or two servings of some powder in a juice. I know it's denatured and all that. But given that an infection in my gut spirals out of control in the absence of protein I do need something beyond fruit and spirulina. Any openness to this at all? Any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: protein powder that is 811 friendly
Posted by: SmilingRawDancer ()
Date: July 13, 2008 11:13PM

I'm very "open" to this...I do it too, I feel I need the extra "boost."

I use Rice protein by nutribiotic - it's processed below 90 degrees, so it's "technically" raw -and I get it from amazon.com in 3 lb quantities. I really like it.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 14, 2008 12:22AM

what about hemp protein powder?
patty

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 14, 2008 12:36AM

duh! i just opened my eyes and saw the 811 heading. hemp will prolly throw you over the edge.
patty

Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: July 14, 2008 01:03AM

I am not so concerned about that, Dewey. I just don't do well with Hemp. Thank you Smiling Raw Dancer for the tip. I will check into that. I was also thinking of Designs for Health Paleo Cleanse - It is a rice protein based powder that supports phase 1 and phase 2 of detoxification. My liver might like the love!

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: July 14, 2008 01:03AM

You could use both of them, maybe a tsp of hemp and a tbsp of rice. Rice protein is a lot cheaper by the pound, and provides 2 or more times as much protein per unit weight as hemp protein. I think it tastes better, too. I second the Nutribiotic suggestion, it is the best tasting of all the rice proteins I've tried. No rancidity at all.

Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: July 14, 2008 01:14AM

No need for that stuff in the plastic containers you will be wasting your money.

Eat foods in it's fresh ripe state you will get plenty of protein.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables