Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How many bananas do you eat in a given day?
Posted by: rufio ()
Date: July 14, 2008 09:17AM

I'm at 6 per day now and I'm not even trying. I'm scared I'll grow tired of them if I up the count.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How many bananas do you eat in a given day?
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 14, 2008 09:57AM

Its a good idea to get as much variety in your diet as possible. I went for 10 1/2 months 100% all fresh raw using a very "pure" approach that didn't have much variety in it. Bananas were the mainstay of my foods along with mostly other fruits. When I yielded to a minor tepid craving for a cooked "Mexi veggie Wrap" it was like opening a door I couldn't get closed again. Since I slipped I have been high raw but I have not eaten bananas in almost a month now. I think more variety in my raw diet may help me to achieve a higher % of raw food in my diet and maybe I will even get back to all raw at some point but one thing I have learned for sure: Watch out for that mis step - it can be a long fall.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 14, 2008 11:19AM

You'll be directed to the fuel that you need - if you are clear on your goals. Write down what YOU think are the best amount of bananas you should eat in a day are. Stick closely to THAT. If it is not feeling good to you - then change your goal.

-In the beginning, I often at 6-12 bananas in a sitting. I guess I needed the extra whatever. Now, I tend to limit it to 3 or 4 before I am full.

-No need to be scared if you are hitting YOUR goals - you know?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: sgc ()
Date: July 14, 2008 11:43AM

In winter, I can have a meal of 7 or so bananas. But in summer, I pass in front of them, and don't feel any desire.
Don't try to think in terms of "I have to eat that amount of -- every day". Just go with your feelings. If the food you are mostly attracted to is bananas, have them. If you have too much, your body will tell you.
But also, let your feelings speak freely, and don't leash them by your wallet. If you feel more attracted to a nice watermelon, go for it, and don't pass it thinking "I'd love it but it's too expensive", and then moving to your standard cheap fruits.

Raw Fruit Festival
[www.raw-fruit-festival.net]
Health, Fitness and Fasting Retreats in Spain
[www.fit-in-nature.net]

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: July 14, 2008 12:53PM

I had a similar experience to David's. In the beginning I would eat 6-12 in one sitting. Now, I eat about four and I'm full.

No day is typical for me, so it's hard to say how many bananas I eat on a daily basis. I usually go through phases of eating one thing a lot until I no longer desire it so much. At that time, something else usually becomes a big desire and I find myself eating the new item a lot. Currently, it's pineapples.

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
XOXOXO

Date: July 14, 2008 01:26PM

2 to 3 on most days... sometimes more.

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 14, 2008 05:00PM

I find them super heavy now like cooked food used to feel

I have them more when its cooler weather 4-6 a day no probs

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: July 14, 2008 05:03PM

I was eating 3 a day. Now I am eating 2 per day. Like the other posts said, I would like to eat a variety of fruits. I really want banana in my green smoothie.

Take care
A Iyer

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: July 14, 2008 08:45PM

Bananas are totally unappealing to me right now for some reason. *shrug* This will change in time.

Variety is nice to have, so when you feel the call for a certain food, it's there and you can eat it.

Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: July 14, 2008 11:54PM

This time of year I my go days without eating them because of all the good fruit is out in the summer.
In the winter when there is not much to choose from I may make a big meal of bananas maybe 12 to 15 and sometimes more.

Cherimoya,

Love Peace and Happiness,

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 15, 2008 03:14AM

In the winter I can eat 12-16 bananas a day. However, in the summer and fall, I can't even look at a banana because there are so many better options, like red seeded watermelons or white nectarines or figs or ....

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 15, 2008 06:27AM

I would say about 2-4 a day, I don't want to eat too many because I am the only raw foodie in my house and other people like to snack on them, I would have a lot more if given the chance.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 15, 2008 07:52PM

I eat 1/2 to 1 a day always combined with something else, like nuts or seeds. Bananas have high glycemic index and they really spike blood sugar so I eat less of them than I used to and by combining them with fat and fiber the sugar effect slows down.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 15, 2008 08:32PM

I usually eat between 2-4, but occasionally when I get a yen for my 'guilty pleasure' frozen banana treat (chop up banana pieces, freeze overnight in containers) I probably can eat even more than that.

I don't really crave bananas all that much, but for some reason they taste fabulous to me when they're frozen. (I know, I know, that slows digestion.)

I don't think I've ever made a meal of just bananas. After 1 or 2, I just don't enjoy them. On days that I have more than 2, it'll be at different times of day-- maybe 1 in a smoothie and 2 in the afternoon.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 15, 2008 09:02PM

I only have them in smoothies... can't remember the last time I just ate one plain.

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: flash ()
Date: July 15, 2008 09:37PM

Yesterday, I hand 7 small bananas for breakfast. Like Bryan, I find them less appealing than they were last winter.

I usually find them to be too sweet, but the organic ones seem just right.

Regards,

flash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2008 09:38PM by flash.

Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: July 15, 2008 10:06PM

Anywhere from 6 a day to 20 in a day. :-)

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 15, 2008 10:38PM

just one in my smoothie....i`m starting to get a taste for trying some banana "ice cream" though
patty

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: July 15, 2008 11:21PM

They don't do it for me. Lately the only fruits I want are oranges, watermelon, and tomatoes.

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: July 16, 2008 03:21AM

I LOVE THIS THREAD!! Because I LOVE BANANAS!!! Typically, I will have two in the am, followed by about a pound+ of another fruit. Then I won't have anymore during the day, until dinner. At that point I whip up my faithful smoothie that I am in love with consisting of about 8 bananas and a pound+ of greens, and a scoop of chia seeds blended with water. I literally could eat bananas all day long, tons of them, and I am really starting to wonder if I will ever tire of them.

Somedays I wake up and will over the course of the morning eat about seven or eight bananas. Tomorrow I am thinking that I will start the day off with the green smoothie and end with the fresh fruit. Not sure.

Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: July 16, 2008 07:52PM

I eat about 2 a day in the form of banana "ice cream".

Last night used 2 frozen bananas, pineapple and some shredded coconut! Yum!

Sometimes I use frozen bananas and berries.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables