Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sign Posts
Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: July 15, 2008 01:15AM

OK. The universe is so cool. Although my heart is telling me to do 811 as a means of healing, my mind has not let me do it due to my belief that fruit will make me damp, fungus ridden, etc. The voices of authorities are just so strong. Today I had the worst day physically I have had in a while. My body took on 7 pounds of edema water weight over night and it hurt to walk. I could not wear my shoes. My vision was blurred. My whole upper body was beet red and ruddy. And I woke up with eruptions on my back and chest. Very depressed. I was driving home in tears. Again debating in my head what to do. What is my way out?? What the heck am I supposed to feed my body? During the drive, I then saw Brigitte Mars' husband, an avid raw foodist, happily walking down the street, glowing from withing, and whistling. Then I went to the grocery store and saw a woman who also has been on quite a health journey who recently went 811 - She looks and feels the best she ever has. Lastly I saw this woman from my yoga studio who just glows. I looked at her grocery cart - Mangoes, bananas, apples, grapes, watermelon. Tons of fruit. I think the universe is giving me some encouragement. Now I just have to let that sink it. Anyways - The whole chain of events was uncanny.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sign Posts
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: July 15, 2008 01:59AM

There you go!

Sorry you were so sad. Sounds like you saw the light though.

Posted by: orangeflame ()
Date: July 15, 2008 02:37AM

May I ask what you have been eating recently instead of fruit? Did anything specific cause the edema or do you believe it was caused by your diet?

Date: July 15, 2008 02:41AM

I have been eating a lot of eggs, chicken, fish, flax seed, olive oil, vegetables, green juices. I did take a very high dose of a liver detox powder called Paleo Cleanse (per my doc). It is a rice protein base but supports liver detoxification. Perhaps it dumped too much into my blood stream at once. Either way, I feel this way always, today was just a bit worse. I always have liver heat, swelling, depression, confusion, joint and muscle pain. The diagnoses just keep adding up. There are few things I don't have. That's why I am unable to believe on a cellular level that the standard protein and veg diet will do it for me - Especially when I do not enjoy those foods on any level. Yuck. (I do like green juice though!).

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 15, 2008 03:22AM

why do you envision fruit as damp and fungus ridden?
patty

Posted by: orangeflame ()
Date: July 15, 2008 04:08AM

I am so sorry for everything you are going through.

I wish I had suggestions for you, but I don't. Best of luck, and keep us posted on if integrating fruit makes you feel any better!!

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: July 15, 2008 04:42AM

I read in Fit For Life II that if you eat fruits incorrectly it CAN make you fungus ridden, if the fungus is candida, so you may not be too far off:

"This is not a subject that is easily covered in one short paragraph. However, one aspect of Candida is particularly important to understand: If you have the Candida yeast organism in your body, and almost everyone has, then be careful of fruit or anything else that can ferment in the body. THE ONLY WAY FRUIT CAN AGREVATE A CANDIDA INFECTION IS IF IT IS EATEN INCORRECTLY. When fresh fruit is eaten alone and on an empty stomach, it will not ferment! This is the key. When you eat cooked fruit or eat fruit with other foods, it spoils and ferments in the stomach. The Candida yeast proliferates on fermentable foods - carbohydrates. By consuming only fresh fruit when the stomach is entirely empty, there is no possibility of fermentation from bacteria or yeast. Also, it is exceeedingly important for those with Candida to be very strict with food combining. All carbohydrates will ferment if eaten with proteins or if cooked. If you properly combine your foods, eat fresh fruits correctly, and avoid fermented foods (alchohol, vinegar, miso, yogurt) your Candida problem will become a thing of the past."

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: July 15, 2008 05:23AM

I know the chinesse herbal treatments for liver heat do work, a good healer in ``your area could help figure source of fire in liver and treat with herbal
we are very lucky in my area of northern Ca because we have one of the best ``chinesse helaers around and you can be seen and treated for $50.00
You can find a good one if you ask around a bit. give it a shot.
One other thing is the chicken and eggs are they factory none orgaic??? if so ``you are eating (tons of ``antibiotics and hormones). buy free range oranic if ``you ``are going to eat chicken and eggs.
also before I went raw I lived on wild fish,, wild fish that is caught with in ``3 mile of the west and east coast is full of chemicals that were banned 30yrs ``ago not to mention the new crap. chemicals that have washed off the lands into ``streams rivers finaly to the oceans are not brakeing down and are hovering ``with ``in ``3`mile range of each coast. so for a start you are getting alot of ``chemicals for ``sure `from wild fish and the eggs and pissed off chicken ``chemical if its not ``organic free range its loaded. bactiera also,
``Farm fish are even worse. most illness is diet. like the old saying you are ``what you ``eat I would think much more raw Dancerinthenite and you will ``dance into the day! best wishs for you to feel great.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 15, 2008 11:56AM

I hear you. Set small goals that are consistent over a lifetime....and will get you where you need to go. Don't judge yourself by results - but rather by what YOU are doing towards goals that YOU have set.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 15, 2008 12:15PM

Oh: here's a good video about weaving a permanent process of acceptance and a good relationship with food. It might be helpful.

[www.vimeo.com]

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: July 15, 2008 01:19PM

This is a vegan forum.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 15, 2008 01:57PM

hey arugula

give her some arugulaic slack smiling smiley

she was just honestly answering someone else's questions

notice that she did not say it in her first post until someone directly asked her what her diet consisted of

good luck dancerinthedark

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: July 15, 2008 07:03PM

Dancer, sorry to hear about your struggles... You are on top of thyroid and adrenal testing, yes? I remember you talking about such stuff, I always think of it when I hear 'edema'. Feel better!

Riverhousebill - would you mind sharing the name of said Northern California practitioner? Looking myself!

Cheers
Nibs
PS: And: What La_V said!

Date: July 15, 2008 11:20PM

Thank you all for your insights and encouragement. I still cannot committ to fruit, as the dogma in my head around adrenals and fungus is so strong. Perhaps the best thing to do is just juice greens until I feel I can eat in peace and bless what I eat. I think the internal conflict is causing a lot of the physical upset.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 16, 2008 12:09AM

dancerinthenight Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I think the internal conflict is causing a
> lot of the physical upset.

i agree smiling smiley you do what you have to and what makes you feel the strongest and the healthiest. you work on getting your internal self peaceful and the rest will follow.
patty

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables