Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

B-12 (Is this true?)
Date: July 15, 2008 08:04PM

Quoted from another Forum!

“I am past the point of being disgusted by know-it-all vegetarian and vegan nutritionists and dieticians who believe that one must take artificial supplements derived from cow intestines, containing Vitamin B-12 in order to maintain good health. The fact that vegans have B-12 in their bloodstreams is evidence enough that we’re somehow obtaining it.

Low dose, high dose, it really doesn’t matter. Fact is that we need just a few micrograms of B-12, and a five-year supply is stored in the average human liver. That fact alone negates the scare tactics of those who criticize the pure vegan diet, or dispense supplements as a part of their self-sustaining practices.

Vegan blood contains some B-12. In that, there is no debate. Vegan semen and vaginal secretions contain many times more Vitamin B-12 than does human blood. The solution? Make love. Enjoy oral sex. The ingestion of sexual body secretions from your lover will insure good health for you. In addition to the usual frogs, snails, and puppy dogs tails, what are little boys made of?

What exactly is in semen? Ten percent of semen consists of sperm cells, up to 500 million per ejaculate. It takes only one sperm cell to fertilize an egg. I often wonder why the other 499,999 are necessary. What constitutes the other 90% of semen? In addition to enormous amounts of vitamins, enzymes, and amino acids, semen contains up to 20 times the level of Vitamin B-12 as does human blood serum.

Vaginal fluids contain a similar makeup, rich in B-12. Scientists knew this nearly 20 years ago, but had no socially-tactful way to transmit this information to the lay person. (Yeah, I know, you love my use of the English language).

As early as March of 1984, Carmel Bernstein and a team of investigators published evidence in the Journal of Clinical Investigations (73;3, Vitamin B-12 in human seminal plasma) revealing that blood has one-tenth the amount of B-12 as does male semen. Eight years later, the Scandanavian Journal of Clinical Laboratory Investigations (Hansen, 1992 Nov;52(7):647-52) determined that B-12 levels in human semen run as high as 20 times that of blood.”

IS THIS TRUE?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: B-12 (Is this true?)
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 15, 2008 09:59PM

Interesting Post there Deegarry. If DZM lives on Fruit, and doesn't
have a B12 deficiency, I wouldn't worry about. I agree with you on Semen.
Many nutrients are lost with each ejaculation, taking many meals to replace.....WY

Posted by: happyway ()
Date: July 15, 2008 10:38PM

Ah the wonders of the web....

only problem is there is so much to read

[www.veganhealth.org]

[www.veganhealth.org]

[www.ask.com]

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 15, 2008 10:39PM

i just read that on goneraw
patty

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: July 15, 2008 11:18PM

I've long suspected that this is the reason why some vegans seem to be so successful in the long term without supplements.

It doesn't work for celibates, though!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 16, 2008 12:23AM

interesting

Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: July 16, 2008 12:35AM

Haha, I saw this on another site, too...who knows...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 16, 2008 02:35AM

Well according to wiki it can take 30 years to get B12 deficient. Very, very few individuals are vegan for 30 years or more.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: July 16, 2008 03:22AM

Some people show deficiencies a lot sooner. I imagine there's a wide spectrum of individual responses to a given period of time without any overt sources.

Posted by: mira ()
Date: July 16, 2008 04:30PM

Hopefully, its all true... smiling smiley

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: July 16, 2008 04:43PM

I use that as a pick-up line.

j/k

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 16, 2008 05:57PM

ya really. who wants to give it a go? heh heh...

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: July 17, 2008 08:31AM

I saw it too. Also saw the 'kind offer' that said 'hey, some of these girls don't like taking supplements. Maybe we can help them out!'

Posted by: flash ()
Date: July 17, 2008 05:40PM

Surely this can't be vegan. ;-)

flash

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: July 17, 2008 07:09PM

Technically, as long as you are not harming any living being in the process, it's vegan--at least, as I understand the traditional definition.

Like, it would still be vegan for mothers to eat their own placentas after birth because it's not TAKING from or HARMING anyone else... even though it's not plant material.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: July 17, 2008 07:11PM

Maybe it is vegan if the one you're with is vegan...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables