Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I got Teecino!
Posted by: Itzdavey ()
Date: July 19, 2008 02:39PM

I'm maybe 50 - 60% raw right now, and I am desparately trying to kick coffee and caffeine in general. I've seen teecino recommended here, and was able to get it at my co-op this morning. Really what I needed more than anything was something to fulfull the psychological need for that nice warm happy cup of brownness. This stuff is GOOD.

This morning I had half a cup of tea, so my actual caffeine level is pretty low. But sometimes I just want COFFEE. I feel actually pretty energized from this stuff, amazingly. There's a small amount of sugar I guess from the carob and dates that are in it, but nothing that would account for a sugar rush I think. (I'd be crashing by now) Not sure what it is.

-DaveK

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I got Teecino!
Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: July 19, 2008 10:20PM

interesting! hope that works for you davey... i know finally kicking caffeine was one of the best things that ever happened to me (i know all about that capital C-O-F-F-E-E thing... an 11 day master cleanse did what NOTHING else could). good luck! just keep trying, keep experimenting, you'll find the solution. the seeker finds!

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: July 19, 2008 10:26PM

I still drink coffee, but I hate the way that caffeine makes me feel, it intensifies anxiety for me. I used to make half-caff but now I use 3 parts decaf to 1 part regular these days.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 19, 2008 10:49PM

Last fall I switched to warm water. After I heat some clean water I take it to my puter table where I have a small electric cup warmer / hot plate and that does it for me. The clean water is refreshing and the warm is comforting on a cool day. It took a few days to get used to it but now I like it a lot better then the brown goo.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 19, 2008 10:59PM

i used to be a coffee junky. a pot a day all by myself when i was a stay at home mom. then when work came starbucks every morn on the way to work after my large cup at home. then after i got to work i kept my cup full all day. i drastically cut my consumption and i still have 1 cup at home. thats it. i like the taste, i don`t NEED it to wake up. most days i wake up chipper smiling smiley no more starbucks either and i feel alot better this way
patty

Date: July 20, 2008 12:59PM

This stuff fulfills a psychological need more than a physical one. I have had periods where I was able to get off of caffeine but I missed the whole coffee ritual. Tea just didn't do it. This stuff seems to be working. No caffeine today - I am having my teecino now and it approximates coffee well enough that my mind doesn't seem to notice the difference.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 20, 2008 03:00PM

what the heck is teecino?
never heard of it

i don't seem to handle caffeine very well

one time, i did more than my share of cacao
and BOY!! did i feel woozy

hey itzdavey

i'm glad the teecino thing ( whatever it is) fulfills a psychological need and that you can still engage in the ritual of it minus the caffeine

good for you!smiling smiley

Date: July 21, 2008 01:09AM

Hi la_veronique,

[www.teeccino.com]

From the ingredients, it's basically a mix of chickory, a bunch of roasted nuts (lotsa almonds), some cacao and I forget what else. Not a raw drink by any means, but much better than coffee, and not very acidic.

Date: July 21, 2008 02:05AM

itzdavey

enjoy

Date: July 22, 2008 12:10AM

dammit. I caved today. Didn't ahve time to make any teeccino to bring in to work, and I was on e-mails on the helpdesk today. Which meant I had to call people and leave voicemail after voicemail with tracking and ticket information.

So the information had to go from the numbers on the screen, to my brain, and back out my mouth, and it just didn't go fast enough. I finally caved and got coffee. Now my gut is burning and I'm here till 11:00pm. (It'll be like this until I wake up tomorrow. Sleep is the only thing that helps).

argh. sad smiley

-DaveK

Posted by: hyldemoer ()
Date: July 22, 2008 03:21AM

You think its the ritual of warm brownness and not the caffeine. There's yet another thing to consider, the taste of bitter.

Bitter is probably the most common taste in nature but for many Americans the only bitter they ingest is when they drink coffee or very dark chocolate.

Dandelion greens anyone?

Date: July 22, 2008 02:39PM

Warm, dark, steamy, rich, aromatic. (Sorry if I tempt anybody here). That's generally the draw of coffee I think. I like my coffee like I like my women? Er, maybe not *too* aromatic... nevermind.

-DaveK

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 22, 2008 03:51PM

Itzdavey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Warm, dark, steamy, rich, aromatic. (Sorry if I
> tempt anybody here). That's generally the draw of
> coffee I think. I like my coffee like I like my
> women? Er, maybe not *too* aromatic...
> nevermind.
>
> -DaveK

laughing my butt off here davey
patty

Date: July 22, 2008 09:59PM

<<Warm, dark, steamy, rich, aromatic. (Sorry if I tempt anybody here). That's generally the draw of coffee I think. I like my coffee like I like my women? Er, maybe not *too* aromatic... nevermind. >>

Dang dave! phew!
LOL smiling smiley

yer the man smiling smiley

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: July 23, 2008 01:02PM

in order to get back to functioning well without coffee, you will need to experience a time (several days, a week) when you don't function well without coffee!

sending you strength... keep fighting dave!

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: July 23, 2008 01:15PM

dewey Wrote:
> Itzdavey Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Warm, dark, steamy, rich, aromatic. (Sorry if
> I
> > tempt anybody here). That's generally the draw
> of
> > coffee I think. I like my coffee like I like
> my
> > women? Er, maybe not *too* aromatic...
> > nevermind.
> >
> > -DaveK
>
> laughing my butt off here davey
> patty

Me too, I love that this group doesn't take everything so seriously....even coffee or aromatic women. Interesting comparison itzdavey, I am with patty laughing my butt off.

Date: July 23, 2008 04:57PM

maui_butterfly Wrote:
> in order to get back to functioning well without
> coffee, you will need to experience a time
> (several days, a week) when you don't function
> well without coffee!
>
> sending you strength... keep fighting dave!

Thank you Maui. At least I have off today. I got through yesterday at work without caffeine. Today I'm hitting the teecino pretty good. Not getting much done around the house. I keep trying but I can't focus. I have a.d.d. and have always used caffeine to "self-medicate." I just wish the house was cleaner so I could lie around and not feel mess-stress.

-DaveK

Posted by: klandestine ()
Date: July 24, 2008 12:43AM

Itzdavey. . .

What flavor of Teecino did you buy? I saw about six different flavors at the store the other day. . . Don't know which to pick up.

Date: July 24, 2008 01:02PM

That's wierd, could have sworn I replied to this!

Anyway I got the vanilla. That's what I've been drinking all week pretty much. It's great! Very subtle flavor. I also just picked up hazelnut last night, but I made it a bit too strong I think. (My coffee maker was being wierd).

I drink it black, as I did with my regular coffee. It has a subtle sweetness too from the dates and cacao, so if you like sweetness you dont' have to add much if anything.

-DaveK

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables