Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New folks..stick to raw and it could change your life.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 20, 2008 09:31PM

Hi folks.
I wanted to share my feelings on this rocky journey of transitioning over to raw eating.I do appreciate everyones support and encouragement on this board for the help in sticking to this way of eating.It would seem that it has all been worth it.
I arranged a feast of raw fruits and veggies this afternoon,after getting up the nerve to ask some neighbors who I hardly talked to,plus some new acquaintances and family...all to partake of this buffet.I have a grill,and some said get out the hamburgers,but I said this was it,and they really enjoyed it.I didnt have any meat to cook anywaysmiling smiley
This is something I would not have even considered a year ago.I was very much in a hole and depressed.Its only in hindsight that you can see that,sometimes unfortunately.
I do believe the raw eating has helped as much emotionally as physically.
Its like there was a door that opened recently that hadnt until then.

I had read many times when you reach a certain point with this way of eating,or spiritual cleansing,or some other way of life that leads to cleansing the old in favor of the new,that you turn outward.....

Has anyone experienced this change?

I wanted to post this,as inspiration for anyone new here,to stick with it.......

Brian

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2008 09:40PM by Raw1228.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New folks..stick to raw and it could change your life.
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 20, 2008 10:23PM

i am so happy to hear your fruit feast was a success!!! what an awesome thing you`re doing. kudos
patty

Date: July 20, 2008 11:14PM

Thanks Patty,
I am finding melons helping me most now.

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: July 21, 2008 12:56AM

Wow, this is really cool. Thank you for sharing.

Date: July 21, 2008 02:13AM

You are welcome,and hope to share more ...maybe in the diary section on my transformations.
I did want to be an example in some way or another.

I will keep posted on other ventures...
One is to be a mentor of some sort....like the Big Brothers organization to kids.
Its something I have thought of for years.
Brian

Date: July 21, 2008 02:44AM

But the point here is,and I cannot think of much of anything else that lead to it,is the raw eating.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: July 21, 2008 03:10AM

I never had any spiritual change from my diet. It was a gradual transition for me from healthy omnivore to healthy veg to vegan to mostly raw vegan. The only radical changes I noticed are:

1. that I am much more sensitive to other people's choices, although I really shouldn't be and their choices have nothing to do with me. I tend to project the consequences, i.e. their environmental impact, their cruelty, their indifference, their contribution to their own health problems, their supporting cruel and destructive industries, etc. This can create a huge block between me and others, although I try to focus on other, more positive aspects of their beings.

2. I think that I have aged a lot slower in appearance and other aspects with one notable exception: I lost my ability to read fine print when I turned 43, and it's gotten worse in the last year.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 21, 2008 03:19AM

arugula Wrote:
one notable
> exception: I lost my ability to read fine print
> when I turned 43, and it's gotten worse in the
> last year.
UGH! same here....cept i was 40 when it happened

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 21, 2008 06:20AM

hey raw 1228

i think that is SUPER COOL!! that u were able to muster up the courage
and graciously and generously share your beautiful and colorful raw bounty with them

awwwwwwrrigggghttttt!!!!!!

how did it turn out?

what did u make?
was it a simple beautiful arrangement of cut up veggies and fruit?

or did u get wild and fancy with gourmet stuff?

did u get a lot of questions asked about your diet?

or was everyone just happy to hang out with friends smiling smiley

i hope you have many more happy get togethers with your neighbors and friends

yer doing greatsmiling smiley

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: July 21, 2008 12:14PM

Hey Brian,
I've been reading your posts over the months and am very proud of the growth you've shown. Chasing our demons out of our lives is a tough job, and you're doing amazingly well. I am also experience this emotional change, and for me it is in direct proportion to the percentage of raw foods I consume: Some days I eat 100% for several in a row, and that is when I am physically and emotionally at my best, and spiritually seeking more than when I allow cooked food into my diet. I stay at 80% or more raw, but 100% is definitely my long-term goal. Congrats, and I'm looking forward to reading more of (and being inspired by) your posts!

Date: July 21, 2008 03:34PM

Thanks!
The feast was just sliced up fruits and veggies on plates.
I had it outside.
The neighbors thought it was interesting.They are heavy Bar-B Q people,but thought this "made them healthy".Well not one feast will,but I thought the comment was cute.

Yes,I am finding how I feel is in direct proportion to how much raw I eat too.
So,it makes sense to make it as close to 100% as possible.

On the matter of vision,I am finding mine actually getting clearer the more on raw.
I just built a model for my father..late fathers day gift...and could see all the little tiny parts very well.

Brian

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: July 21, 2008 03:39PM

Way to go Brian!!!

You sound so inspiring!!!

Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: July 23, 2008 12:00AM

Hi Brian
Raw buffet. Great idea!
I experience a deeper connection to nature when eating raw.
I feel peaceful and balanced. The same stresses still hit, but i react in a much more emotionally balanced way when raw.

I have recently returned to raw after five traumatic cooked eating months. (Post bereavement which sent me spinning out of control)
Although im experiencing rapid toxin elimination just now, i am also experiencing moments of sheer bliss and joy which this way of eating/ living brings to me.

Blessings
L

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables