Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

water-fast questions
Posted by: new2raw81 ()
Date: July 21, 2008 04:33PM

This may sound very uninformed and uneducated. That is most likely because I AM uninformed and uneducated. Is it safe to partake in a short water fast even if I have to be at work (a desk job)? I just got back from my family vacation and am ready to transition and wondered if a water fast would be the way to go possibly. I DO have to be at work and know that everyone is different and reacts different. I guess I just wondered if anyone had done this while still working? Thanks so much!

new2raw81
Red
[new2raw81.blogspot.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: water-fast questions
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 21, 2008 04:50PM

You might find it hard to be at work if your are not eating because your energy might be lower and your mind might be preoccupied with your stomach.

Most people water fast to heal from something, and to do it with this in mind requires a lot of rest, preferably in bed.

However, I would say have your experience of your short water fast and tell us how it went.

Date: July 21, 2008 04:55PM

I will do that. I anticipate having a rough go as my body tries to get rid of stored toxins, but know it HAS to be started. The initial cleanse frankly scares me to death! I don't know what to expect and I think that's worse than knowing. My crazy imagination!

new2raw81
Red
[new2raw81.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 21, 2008 05:07PM

Eating a healthy raw diet is enough to remove toxins out of your body. You really don't need to water fast. In fact, in you slowly over time increase your percentage of fruits and salads over time, your body will slowly detoxify itself, rather than having an onslaught of detoxification symptoms come on.

On the other hand, if you want to cleanse as quickly as possible, stay at home and sleep and water fast until the detoxification symptoms go away.

In some sense working defeats the benefits of water fasting.

Date: July 21, 2008 06:23PM

Oh...well...that shows how little I know. That would seem to be a better idea then. I definitely don't want to defeat the whole purpose by staying at work, so I suppose I'll just slowly increase my percentage of raw whole foods and hope that works out a bit better. I sure appreciate your insight, Bryan.

new2raw81
Red
[new2raw81.blogspot.com]

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 21, 2008 06:57PM

I agree with Bryan - of course. The first instinct of those who have been living a very poor lifestyle is to do MORE. When in reality, they would be far better off doing much LESS....much more OFTEN....ha! ha!. What I mean is: making the small, LIFETIME changes in diet, outlook, lifestyle, acceptance and attitude.....and by SLOWLY incorporating more fresh, unprocessed plant foods into their diet in a way that does not engender obsessive thoughts. The greater ones past poor lifestyle, the slower they should be starting out - not doing just the opposite - if you follow my thinking.

-Once a person reaches THEIR raw food goals, then fasting becomes a tool to accelerate the internal cleansing and healing process. Just my opinions.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: July 21, 2008 07:09PM

I most definitely see a great deal of truth and follow your thinking 100%. The "more is better" thinking is easy to grab onto, but I will do everything I can to temper myself. The insight here is so valuable and appreciated.

new2raw81
Red
[new2raw81.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 22, 2008 02:43AM

Water Fasting is a good 'tool' if used properly. Even Raw
Vegan seasoned veterans can benefit. 24-hours at a time, every
other day, for a couple of weeks is one I'm thinking about doing.
Cut that Grocery Bill in half while giving your Systems a break....WY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2008 02:57AM by Wheatgrass Yogi.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 22, 2008 08:15AM

I do this whilst working, usually add in some lemon water also. Never had a problem. However I have fasted long term before and mostly have a liquid diet.

I think if its your first time maybe do juice if you have to work

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables