Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

had a slip and need support!!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 21, 2008 11:18PM

Hey guys, I am new to the raw food movement and have had a terrible time of it today. I had terrible cravings for cooked food and junk and only gave in slightly but feel awful physically and mentally. How do you all handle slip ups and what do you do to avoid them in the future?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: had a slip and need support!!
Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: July 21, 2008 11:27PM

You realize he past is the past and move forward just realize if you keep making the same mistake than your the fool.

Also look at what was the real reason and most of the time it is emotional eating find out what is really going on and deal with that emotion.

Also remember it took you X number of years to get here and it isn't going to happen over night but always try to improve otherwise your going backwards.

Date: July 21, 2008 11:30PM

Thanks, you're absolutely right. It was all emotional eating. Just need a better handle on how to combat the emotional triggers. When I eat all raw, I feel fantastic physically and emotionally. Damn emotions!!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 21, 2008 11:40PM

I just re-clarify what my goals are....and my burning passions and dreams. If I think raw is one of the NECESSARY tools to get me there......then there is really no temptation to do something else....regardless of what is offered. Until I operate from a 'bedrock' of what my true goals are......there is always confusion, temptation...or a feeling like a could do anything else. Choose your goals wisely and realistically and be willing to accept the responsibility of trying something no one will understand....this takes courage! winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 22, 2008 12:16AM

when i slip i do what the others said. i analyze and reevaluate. also, are your goals 100% raw or are you going for something else like high raw? ow major was the slip? a pan full of brownies or some steamed/vegees? evaluate stuff like that. be very gentle with yourself and learn from your mistakes smiling smiley
patty

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 22, 2008 01:20AM

Learn from the experience.

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: July 22, 2008 08:59PM

I wanted to share my experience with you and I hope it helps you...

Because my in-law are visting us for a few weeks, and they hate raw, I have been cooking pretty junky foods for the kids and me. I eat a small cooked meal (about 10% and rest all raw (90%). My inlaws keep telling me how sick I will get this way eating just fruits and vegetables, I am making exotic cooked vegan items just to keep them quiet. This included, fo the past few weeks, fried and sweet cooked items. Everything i was not using before....

Now, result: I feel terrible. I mean I am just not feeling well. I ate some packages samosa (Fried Indian snack - spicy) and banana chips for the past few days and it made it lot worse. I bought them just to keep the inlaws quiet Otherwise it will be like "they don't feed teh kids anything... and on and on". FromSunday, just because it was there, I have ben snacking on the samosas and chips. I am not used to this type of snacks and my body is telling me very strongly.

In a way, when I see your post, I am able to step back and analyze what I am doing. I am just letting others take over and run my life. I have to stop that.

So I too had a big slip up. But you know what, thats ok. I am feeling good already. I am going to stop the madness and live life the way I have before the "evil influence". Startng right now.

Take care
A Iyer

Date: July 22, 2008 11:54PM

Raw is not just abou the foods folks.

It reveals many things to you

your addictions
your emotions
your attachments
your real self which is a powerful soul.

Keep your heads up high your doing a noble thing by not polluting the world as much as others.

Date: July 23, 2008 12:47AM

thanks guys. I'm feeling much better since I ate only beautiful, healthy raw foods today. My body and mind are feeling more balanced. I really appreciate the support.

thanks

Date: July 23, 2008 05:09AM

simplyfab,

Excellent just think how lucky you are to know this.

It is a true gift that has been bestowed upon you.

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: July 23, 2008 05:23AM

when i slipped eating (microwaved) cooked food, i got violently ill. my body was pissed off! unfortunately, it was negative reinforcement and i've had no desire to experience that hell ever again. at the same time, i echo the sentiments about focusing on the present and your ultimate goal(s). on a practical level, maybe choose raw transition foods that satisfy those pesky cooked food cravings until they're no longer existent. i ate flax crackers like they were going out of style when i first started eating raw, now i'm content with salads, juices and fruit. crackers are foreign to me - never thought i'd see the day. haha. do the best you can and begin anew. every day is a new "raw" day and an opportunity to expand yourself. :-) enjoy.

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: July 23, 2008 05:27AM

globalresult Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Raw is not just abou the foods folks.
>
>so true!

Date: July 23, 2008 05:48AM

rawangel,

Yes,

You are right it is like the smoker who quits can not understand aferwards how smokers can stand that nasty habit.

After awhile certain foods will simply not be in your memory cells unless you have some emotional associations with them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables