Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Drinking Water
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 22, 2008 04:27AM

Does anyone have knowledge and/or experience with regard to the optimal sodium content for drinking water?

The following site recommends 1/4 tsp per quart of water (and that concentration seems *very* high!):

[watercure.com]

Thanks for any comments.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Drinking Water
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 22, 2008 09:55AM

ponder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone have knowledge and/or experience with
> regard to the optimal sodium content for drinking
> water?
I'd say that Zero is the number...WY

Posted by: Itzdavey ()
Date: July 22, 2008 02:47PM

It looks like this site is written under the school of thought that thinks that drinking lots and lots of water is good for you. I think that may be more appropriate for a SAD diet since people aren't getting water from the foods they are eating. If you drink as much water as the site recommends, you're probably flushing out a lot of stuff that your body otherwise needs, including sodium.

Just my take on it.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 22, 2008 02:49PM

I would think so as well. I have used either distilled or RO water for many years.

Nevertheless, I have noticed that a slight pinch of sea salt (nothing close to 1/4 teaspoon per quart, however) cuases the water to go down more smoothly with less of a "bite".

It's certainly difficult for me to believe that such a high concentration of sodium in drinking water would be recommended when one of the principal problems for many westerners is the high intake of salt.

But we are composed of a saline solution, of course, and there must be a reason that this recommendation is given (i.e., even if the reasoning might be faulty).

Posted by: Itzdavey ()
Date: July 22, 2008 02:51PM

Interesing that Tony Robbins is backing this up. I used to be into his stuff. He advocated eating "water rich foods" and not "drowning yourself" by drinking lots of water.

I guess whatever sells books...

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: July 23, 2008 02:50AM

Salt is inorganic, it hasn't been processed by a plant to make usable to living beings. So eating salt is like eating dirt - useless.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables