Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What about beans from your garden?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 30, 2008 06:39PM

What about green beans, lima beans, peas etc...Beans that have not yet been dried, that I would imagine do not yet contain the enzyme inhibitors....Is it okay to eat them raw?

Thanks in advance...I've always wondered about this!

Mary Kay

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What about beans from your garden?
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: July 30, 2008 08:15PM

I eat them every day. I am growing green beans and my peas are just finishing. We are also growing edamame for the first time, but I have no idea about eating them raw. I also sprout adzuki, mung and lentils all together as a blend and eat them almost every day. Picking some out of my teeth as we speak! ;}

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 30, 2008 09:28PM

I always did.....with no ill effects (quite the contrary). I don't think you'll have a problem.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: July 30, 2008 11:45PM

Last year, I juiced a few runner beans that i had grown and added them to my morning veggie juice. About 10 mins later, i was sick.
I tried it again later in the season as i could not be sure the beans had caused the sickness, however, I was sick again.
I could not find any info about possible toxicity, so it may have been a personal allergy. Maybe the liquid form was too concentrated.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables