Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Vegan Restaurant
Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: July 31, 2008 02:11AM

So-
husband is raw vegan-
so we finally get to go out to the raw vegan restaurant nearby (which i've stalked, but never ordered from b/c of money)

he's tired and dreadfully wants to go- we have an uber-pregnant friend who wants to do ANYTHING to distract her from discomfort, and we decide to go.

well, her husband calls and decides to come.

some people are closed-minded, and somepeople thing that open-minded is a bad word. he's among the latter.

so we get there and he starts whining and complaining while simply LOOKING AT THE MENU. i remind him that things are done differently, this restaurant is raw vegan. guess he didn't know what that meant, so i explained- no meat or cheese. at which he escalates his bitching (really, that is what it was), and proceeds to say he wants pizza from down the street.

my poor husband is really taking this personally, b/c he is fasting and can't eat anything but raw vegan. he was so jazzed when he found this place b/c he could eat almost anything on the menu. then his friend goes and guilts him about this place like it's insane and cruel and inhumane.... he was a whiny brat- i wanted to take him out and talk to him like i do my 2 year old when he behaves in that way. but i was good and told him to go away and eat his pizza. we would rather he did.

we had fun sampling some food, he came back and complained and said it all was disgusting, i wanted to dance on his head. he was freaking PROUD of this attitude!!! he said as much.

ack
ego
blech

my poor husband cried over it all
his wife was embarrassed
i was furious

and i had indigestion, b/c i've always made my own raw vegan food- and cilantro and onions are bad for me.

but man- are all people really this ignorant and prejudiced against real food?

this was a shocking and horrible turn for me.

peace-

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Vegan Restaurant
Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: July 31, 2008 02:49AM

Yes,

People are ignorant and for some it simply doesn't sit in the intellect.

Next time just go yourselves.

You will have a better time.

Funny thing cilantro smell is enough for me to run out of the room.

I can just imagine how this person's wife would feel.

Some men are real goofs.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 31, 2008 03:17AM

I have found a really good raw restaurant. The food is prepared just the way I like it and there is never an added pinch of chemical salt or anything else added that I don't know about. The quality control is excellent and the quantity of food in the meal is not too much nor too little. It is very cost effective and I don't have to drive to get there. I don't have to leave a tip. If you haven't guessed it by now - I eat my raw meals at home.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: July 31, 2008 03:22AM

sorry to hear your first raw veg restaurant trip was blown by a guy who thinks `its mostly about himself.
too much pizza last week, now he has starch meltdown. RUDE DUDE.
Smile and forget that one, Sad makes rude dudes.
animal peace

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: July 31, 2008 05:26AM

no worries mama cass because when your friend's (first i'm assuming) baby arrives all adult whining & complaining will cease because the baby will become king or queen of the household. the baby will whip him into shape very quickly. bhwaahahahaa

yes some people are that unconscious...send them a prayer and enjoy your food. :-)

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 31, 2008 07:23AM

It's not about the food. Some people are ready for a certain level of consciousness - and others are not. You can't bully or reason them into something they are not ready for....and they can't be shamed into it. You CAN provide a graceful and giving example - however. LOL.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 31, 2008 10:09AM

gee whiz

that made me laugh SO HARD!!!

sooooo comical

smiling smiley

not saying that it wasn't hard on you

but it just struck me as real funny

like the way some three year old would act

but even a three year old would probably enjoy the yumm deelizzziousness of raw vegan cuisine

so maybe you were right

u felt like how u feel when u take out a TWO year old to have a little "talk"

HEE HEEsmiling smiley

hilarious!

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: July 31, 2008 12:55PM

My three year old wouldn't act like that (of course she'll eat raw food)! Sounds like that guy needed to be hit upside the head with his pizza! ;}

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: July 31, 2008 03:21PM

that's just what addicting food does sad smiley it's no different then alcohol or any medical drug, no wonder the world is so discombobulated

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: July 31, 2008 03:42PM

In twi weeks, we are going to have dinner at a raw food restaurant which is about 1 hour from mu place. I told my husband it will just be us. Me, my husband and the kids. Thats it. I am NOT taking others with me, I want to enjoy the food.

I am sorry you had a bad experience. Next time, go there just with your husband, and you will have a much better time.

Take care
A Iyer

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: July 31, 2008 04:03PM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> gee whiz
>
> that made me laugh SO HARD!!!

it made me laugh too only because this grown man is still throwing temper tantrums. it must be working for him still with the folks in his life. even my 2 year old nephew who's in his temper tantrum prime would probably roll his eyes at him. all you have to say to him is..."i guess you're tired and want to lay down" and he quits. haha! maybe this approach may work with your dude friend as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2008 04:04PM by rawangel.

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: August 02, 2008 12:02PM

rawangel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> it made me laugh too only because this grown man
> is still throwing temper tantrums. it must be
> working for him still with the folks in his life.
> even my 2 year old nephew who's in his temper
> tantrum prime would probably roll his eyes at him.
> all you have to say to him is..."i guess you're
> tired and want to lay down" and he quits. haha!
> maybe this approach may work with your dude friend
> as well.

Haha, yes, turn the attention to his rude behavior (in a kind way).

Another comment that might wake him up.. "People say all kinds of things".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables