Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

does a floridian avocado taste different
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 03, 2008 02:08AM

i saw these huge ones, well huge compared to what i`m used to seeing here in vegas and i am wondering if they taste like a california avocado
patty

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: does a floridian avocado taste different
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 03, 2008 02:09AM

well, what variety of avo was it? there are lots of different kinds (like there are diff kinds of apples) and they all have their own flavour and texture. hass and reed are the most common i think. and sometimes the big lighter green ones are watery istead of rich.

only one way to be sure though. eat one!

Date: August 03, 2008 02:16AM

the floridian one was reddish....hass is what i always get cuz it`s the most mainstream here. i kick myself in the arse cuz now they`re not around and i didn`t buy one cuz i was trying to be more 811ish. i`ve never seen them before or since kick
patty

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: August 03, 2008 08:16AM

Florida avocadoes are much lower in fat than California ones. They don't taste as good or as rich, and they tend to be less expensive. I get them sometimes but I don't like them that much.

They make tolerable guac and salsa.

Suvine puts a lot of avocado in her fruit salads, you might try PMing her to ask what she does with them.

Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: August 03, 2008 09:39AM

I feel that they taste almost watery and much less enjoyable.

Date: August 03, 2008 03:27PM

thanks guys smiling smiley
patty

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 03, 2008 04:06PM

Right (I'm here in Florida). They are a sweeter....more watery....less rich avocado.....that I actually don't prefer. But there are 100's of varieties that one can often get locally here in Florida. I've tried many...and some are not bad! winking smiley It's a matter of taste. People that are partial to the Florida ones are rabid about it! Heh..heh. And when you get a good variety...in season....I can't say as I blame them! winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: August 03, 2008 05:09PM

I like them, they are not as gourmet or creamier but less fattier and nice. My mom loves putting honey on hers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables