Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

question for JOHN ROSE
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 03, 2008 02:34PM

John Rose,

I posted a question to you concerning B 12 but its in the fruit challenge analysis result topic that you posted with the link to clemens site.

wondering if u have any thoughts on this since i'm assuming u saw clemens site and what he had to say about B 12

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: question for JOHN ROSE
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: August 11, 2008 12:56PM

Hi Veronique,

<<< will blue green algae supply the B 12?>>>

From what I’ve read, the O. malhamensis test (the “gold standard” for measuring metabolically active B12 in food) has shown that SBGA does have metabolically active B12 for humans even though it’s also full of B12 analogues (*). However, I still have not read anything about the “gold standard” for measuring the B12 activity of any food, except for nori. As far as I know, SBGA has not been tested for lowering methyl malonic acid, so until we have the “gold standard” test for the B12 activity of a food, it is best to supplement or at least have a urinary MMA test done periodically.

* By the way, have always been suspicous about the whole analogue thing since everything I’ve read about it references to the work of Victor Herbert and Herbert has been massively discredited and cannot be trusted.

<<<i'm wondering if just having perfectly functioning organs will do the trick>>>

I’ve always wondered whether or not we needed an outside source in addition to the B12 we are supposed to manufacture if we had perfectly functioning organs. My guess would be yes, we need an additional outside source, but I have always been concerned about taking a supplement for a level 2 nutrient. Obviously, if we have deficiency as serious as B12, we don’t want to take any chances and we need to supplement in addition to improving our living conditions and lifestyle choices. .

<<< what do u suggest?>>>

I am not really big on taking supplements, especially for level 2 nutrients, but B12 deficiency is a very serious and common problem and B12 is the only supplement that I always tell all of my students that they might need to take.

Peace and Love……..John

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables