Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sore throat from fruit dinner?
Posted by: Quest for Peace ()
Date: August 06, 2008 02:55AM

Hello, I have been eating only fruit and greens this past week. I don't think it is the best diet for me as am not sleeping well, very tired, anxious, and waking up with a sore throat. Has anyone experienced a sore throat in the morning when eating fruit the night before?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sore throat from fruit dinner?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 06, 2008 03:19AM

My experience:

-Ripe fruit, normally, will not cause any kind of discomfort (although some find certain fruit sugars...especially unripe fruits...to be hard on sensitive teeth). However, changing too rapidly to a healthier diet CAN lead to detox and temporary illness....as opportunistic bacteria clean up toxins which are being excreted by the body. This is a more likely scenario than fruits or vegetables 'causing' you to have a sore throat. In any event...it's all good. It could also have been one particular instance of a bad fruit / vegetable. It happens. winking smiley A speedy recovery to you!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Re: Sore throat from fruit dinner?
Posted by: Quest for Peace ()
Date: August 08, 2008 04:52AM

Thanks for the reply David!

I find this happens periodically when I have just fruit or salad with lemon/lime juice (not veggies by themselves) for dinner, so I don't think it was the particular one I ate. Also, I always eat only ripe fruit. My diet has been so clean for so long that it seems weird that I would feel bad after eating just fruit or salad with lemon juice and that it would be a good thing....but thanks for the feedback!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables