Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Reducing fiber intake
Posted by: sebzzz ()
Date: August 06, 2008 12:12PM

Ounce again, I need some advice.

For those who have been following along, I still need some help. Since I started eating 100% raw back in January, it has been problems over problems.

I've felt in extreme fruits binges that led to some kind of sugar addiction and diabetes like symptoms, teeth problems, low energy and losing too much weight.

To remedy that, I started eating more fat but then I felt in fat binges and it wasn't better.

Now, I read Green for life and decided that I wasn't going to eat neither high fruit nor high fat, but that I shouldn't restrict calories since I'm now so skinny.

Being often in the extremes, I started drinking almost exclusively smoothies. My smoothies have so much green leafy vegetables in them, maybe 1 pound or more in each one and I've been consuming about 3 per day for a while now. And trust me when I tell you they have a LOT of green leafy vegetables (often kale, collards, spinach, dandelion, beet tops, arugula...)

Now, I'm not in a better state and I'm pretty positive that the reason is that I'm having way too much fiber all at ounce. When I think about it, it makes perfect sense, I've been bloated and plagued with gas and irregular bowel movements by around the same time I've started the smoothie regimen.

I first thought that I needed to cut fat completely because I had some fat and thought that my body needed a break, but the situation is as bas without fat as with some of it.

I'm now so bloated and my last real big bowel movement seem to have been so long ago. It is so bad that I have this bloated belly, lots of gas and I'm feeling hungry while at the same time I feel like there is no more room in my belly for food. As soon as I eat a small volume of food, I feel full but still feel hungry. Drinking smoothies in this situation is now easier than eating salads because since I not able to fit large volumes of food in my stomach right now, smoothies give me more calories for the same volume compared to salads.

Yesterday, I started feeling full after only half of a broccoli. Yesterday evening, I was feeling so hungry but in the same time so bloated, I decided to have two small avocados mixed with some lime juice since it's concentrated calorie wise but doesn't take much space in my stomach. I felt good afterwards, full but less bloated than usual. Now, I don't want to fall again in fat binges and fat overeating even though it makes me feel a little better, because I know it will get worse if I do.

Now, I need some advice about how to reduce my fiber intake for a while without falling in other kind of extremes. I don't really want to do colonics because I don't really like the idea (risks?) behind it and also don't have any money for this kind of thing and wouldn't know who to see for that.

Also, I don't think a strict water or juice fast would be too much of a great idea. I'm already calorie deprived and really skinny so I can't afford to lose much more weight. I also don't want a fast to interfere with my job because I'M too weak.

However, I'm not working today and so far this morning I only had water. I plan on doing this for the whole morning and maybe go get a vegetable/fruit juice when I'll be too hungry in a couple of hours. I'll have to go to a juice bar for that because I don't have any juicer.

I would like to know what I should be planning on eating in the next couple of days to try to let my body get rid of all the junk stuck inside me. I've been used to smoothies all the time now, so I'm thinking maybe making some smoothies but with more fruit or more water and with less fibrous leafy vegetables in them. I'm thinking celery, romaine and iceberg.

Maybe have some fruit alone to try to get some calories (I haven't eaten fruit on its own for a while now since I've had so much problems with binges and overeating).

What kind of meal plan should I be making. What are the less fibrous fruits and vegetables I should be consuming? Are celery, romaine and iceberg a good choice for the next couple of days. What about fruit, what are my best choices?

As I'm finishing writing this, I'm starting to feel so hungry, I think my morning water fast will have to end soon because I'm now too hungry.

Alright, thanks in advance. Hope I'll see some serious bowel movements soon!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reducing fiber intake
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 06, 2008 01:29PM

Advice:

Mono-eat until your symptoms abate. Some folks do not react well to food combinations. Just alternate between the greens that you will find very grounding and easy to digest....and the fruits that you find most sustaining. Drink tons of fresh juice....mono-style...when you wish to clean out.

-As an alternate to greens, sprouts (like sunflower) are excellent and high in protein and easy to do.

-In any event (lord knows I am a fruit fan): fruit will he higher calorie than vegetables....and probably better allow you to maintain weight....along with the above mentioned sprouts.

-In conclusion: Be KIND to yourself. Stay full and DO NOT go hungry....or feel deprived....as this is counter-productive in the long run. Make small changes, and do not change too quickly for YOU....or you will feel uncomfortable and anxious.

-Hope this is helpful.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Re: Reducing fiber intake
Posted by: sebzzz ()
Date: August 06, 2008 01:44PM

Thanks.

This helps, really.

I think the key is to make small changes, let my body adapt to new ways of eating.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables