Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

the lemon master cleanser
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: August 06, 2008 09:02PM

I have been reading about the "master cleanse" and find it very interesting. I have been considering this instead of a water fast to help lower my very high blood preasure. Has any one done the master cleanse and what are your experiances with it????????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: the lemon master cleanser
Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: August 06, 2008 10:55PM

I'm actually on the master cleanse right now and I feel fantastic! This is my 13th MC (I think). I do it every 3 - 4 months. This is day 11. I used to do it strictly by the book but recently I've modified it a bit by drinking fresh coconut water, adding a little fresh strawberry juice to my lemonades, and using raw agave instead of maple syrup. I still drink the laxative tea at night and the SWF flush in the mornings.

In my life (mother of five, work full time) the MC is great because I have tons of energy and I'm able to continue handling my responsibilities while cleansing. When I've done straight water fasts I felt way more slowed down and wanted to rest. I really like water fasts but I won't do one until I have the time and space to be able to rest as much as I need to. Probably won't be for a while..

Anyway, I highly recommend the MC to anyone wanting to cleanse and experience more mental clarity and vitality in their lives!

Peace

Date: August 07, 2008 05:17AM

Thak-you for the info. I am trying to get a plan on this but it seems it might be less difficult than the water fast.

Posted by: Lanie ()
Date: August 07, 2008 11:58PM

There's a lot of info out there on the master cleanse...some of it good, some of it not good at all. You could always give it a try to find out for yourself, though I suggest googling it first to see how you feel about the pros and cons.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend it. After much research (including doing the cleanse EXACTLY as is several times) I decided it wasn't for me. Here's some of the more compelling reasons why:

[www.healthcentral.com]

[blog.healthtalk.com]

I've been doing Edgar Cayce's Apple Fast instead, which I find much less taxing on my body with just as good, if not better, results.

[www.astrodreamadvisor.com]

That's just me of course. Like I said, you'll have to see what works for you.

Happy cleansing!!

~lanie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2008 12:00AM by Lanie.

Date: August 08, 2008 06:08AM

I think I am going to have to just give it a try. I was hopeing to find some people who have done it. I was thinking it would help me lower my blood preasure. I know that water fasting really helps but it is hard to go for a length of time without food and only drinking water. Even though I need to lose weight I am not doing this in order to lose the weight but to lower the blood preasure. I think there is some merit to fasting and from experiance I have found water fasting to be a very powerful tool. I am just curious about the lemon fast.
Thanks for the input lanie I looked at the web sites you mentioned.

Posted by: Itzdavey ()
Date: August 08, 2008 06:15PM

Here's the forum you'll want to visit for support on the master cleanse:
[www.therawfoodsite.com]

including day by day threads with people who are doing it, and people that are coming off it (most important part).

I have done three of them and they get better each time.

-DaveK

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables