Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: I would like to fast, but i don't want to slow down my metabolism!
Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: August 12, 2008 04:33PM

mira Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > But i don't want to slower my body, and gain more
> weight...I'm already above my ideal weight. When i
> did my 7 days fast i lost 10 LBS, wich i did not
> put back on, but i was really overweight then,
> freshly comming out of an intense bulimia phase...
>
>
> HELP!

Mira if you approach anything with fear and trepidation, you are increasing the odds that you will manifest or create exactly what you're fearing. If you think your metabolism will be adversely impacted despite all of your research, than more than likely you will experience this. Just my opinion.

I have completed long & short water and juice fasts for cleansing and healing purposes roughly eight times in the past two years with successful results and no adverse impact on my metabolism. In fact, it's balanced and I feel really healthy and strong. I also don't worry about it. After the water fasts in particular I tended to gain 3 lbs of perhaps water or fat weight upon eating again, but over time and with eating 100% raw foods my bodily systems began to heal and balance themselves. You can certainly heal yourself by solely eating raw foods and not fasting, I'm not disagreeing with this and what has already been shared above. I simply listened to my body and fasting seemed to be the next step for me. I love it and it gets me in better touch with my food associations, obviously heals and cleanses my body exponentially and I don't know - hard to describe really...I just feel great many months after fasting.

I also just wanted to say for me it had much to do with my spiritual path...the reasons for my fasting. I wasn't so much focused on the physicality of it, but it was a nice benefit healing my body. I believe it helps to approach fasting with a balanced perspective and to really get in touch with your personal goals - not merely have it be a body thing. I think you will be pleased to find that you will reap many benefits from it, if you decide to venture down this path.

Just release the fear in my opinion and you will be golden.

Take care.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2008 04:34PM by rawangel.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: August 12, 2008 08:03PM

I've found fasting to be quite helpful when I want to have a "new start" in my eating habits. When I find myself eating things that aren't optimal for me, taking a break from food, even for only a few days, breaks those undesirable habits and gives me the opportunity to start over again eating the way that feels best to me, which is raw vegan.

peace

Posted by: mira ()
Date: August 13, 2008 12:15AM

exactly purenkind, thath's why i did my first fast like 4 months ago and it REALLY HELPED me with my eating disorders...I really felt cured after, as if these problems had never been part of my life...

As i said in a previous post, i'm not afraid of slowing down my metabolism down anymore. Its common sense, i mean, i was anorexic once, i don't think there is something worse you can do to the metabolism than starving it EVERYDAY.

And this would not be my first fast, i know what to expect, and i'm not doing this to loose weight or anything. It's really because i love how i felt, and that i have little problems that could, well i think, be fixed with a fast.

I won't fast longer than 7 days, and i will drink juice, but very little, like the first one i did...

Rawangel, thanks alot for all the interesting link!

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: August 13, 2008 06:40PM

When I was in my first months of eating raw I esperianced constipation. One reason was I was eating to much avacado or nuts. It was mostly the avacado that seemed to plug me up. I found that eating green smoothies really helped me to be able to control the amount of fats I used.
When I fasted I found the transition to eating food difficult and thought fasting would help with gaining balance in my eating. In my case it did not help I still have craving.
Eating raw is a hard road but a road filled with lots of good bennifits.
Keep it up mira you are just beginning
oh, don't beat yourself up about eating the cooked foods be nice to yourself smiling smiley

Posted by: mira ()
Date: August 13, 2008 08:40PM

thanks, pampam smiling smiley

for the constipation...I've been struggling with that for over a year now, even when i was eating cooked. I've had so many bloodtests, and finally one of them revealing that my potassium levels were a little lower than normal. I started taking potassium tablets, and it did work. But at the same time, i gained like 30 pounds and eating ALOT cause i was switching from anorexic to bulimic... sad smiley

So i was getting really chubby, but at least, i wasn't constipated!!! haaa, what a relief!

Then I started eating raw. Everything went fine at first. Until i discovered that i was eating something like 80% of my daily calories from fat. (I was eating young coconuts, mature coconuts, dried coconut, coconut oil, coconut flakes, flax, nuts EVERY SINGLE DAY)

So i decided that it wasn't the way to go, so i switched to a high fruit/low fat diet.

And since i stopped eating coconut and over fats like a freak,i'm constipated....

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables