Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I need information on cancer being cured by a raw vegan diet
Posted by: mira ()
Date: August 08, 2008 04:12AM

My oncle has been diagnosed with lympathic cancer 6 months ago, with is supposed to be uncurable.

My aunt then decided to put him on a raw diet, so he could heal. ( This is actually how i became aware and convinced about the benefits of the raw diet! smiling smiley thanks aunty!)

But he is not taking the thing serously enough...He still eats fish and poultry, and he drinks wine...alot.

He does not eat alot of fruit, because my aunt says that sugar feeds cancer...? Anyway...

I would like to know if some of you cured their cancer with a 100% raw vegan diet, and if you have links of pertinent info on raw food and cancer....

I want to brain wash my oncle's head. I love him, and i wish we could save him. But he has to become 100% raw, or else he'll never pass through it...So i need proves!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I need information on cancer being cured by a raw vegan diet
Date: August 08, 2008 04:22AM

Go to www.fruitarianfitness.com and scroll down to the bottom of the page where you will be able to listen to a couple of radio shows on that subject....two women give their testimonials!

F1

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 08, 2008 05:02AM

Hello,

There is a DVD about about cancer cure and raw food. It is called Dying to have known. You can get it on Gerson Institute website. Good luck and God Bless.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 08, 2008 08:18AM

i erased it cuz it wasn't very hopeful
main message being is that its up to the person that has cancer to take the ultimate action(s)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2008 08:25AM by la_veronique.

Date: August 08, 2008 04:15PM

oh yes i know, but that personn clearly needs to open his eyes to the possibilities that are available...!!!

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: August 08, 2008 06:18PM

I don't know that a vegan diet "cures" cancer; it's just that animal products and cooked food enable the cancerous cells to become....well, cancer/malignant.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: August 08, 2008 10:10PM

I doubt a vegan diet will "cure" cancer. With cancer, chances are you're not getting anything out of all the nutrients you're eating anyway. It's not meat that actually causes cancer, there are plenty of vegans and vegetarians out there that have cancer. More about acid/alkaline balance. You can eat meat and still have an "alkaline" body. Just sayin'.

Look on Curezone.com for cancer cures. Or more into fasting rather than just going "raw" and "vegan". As said before on here, "Raw" isn't a cure all. For instance - 36yrold raw vegan for years diagnosed with breast cancer:
[www.sunfoodpages.com] Although just because it's breast cancer, it'll get blamed on bras,pesticides,or iodine deficiency.

If this guy doesn't want to consider the possibility that he can cure himself, chances are it won't work anyway because of his negativity.

Rebounding is supposed to be good for flushing the lymph system..Google Linda Brooks and Rebounding..She's written books on it and claims that rebounding for 5 minutes every hour will flush the entire lymph system including the cancer out. Iodine is also supposed to be good for flushing the lymphs. Etc. So look elsewhere on Curezone and not to raw as an instant cure all.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2008 10:22PM by LikeItOrNot.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: August 08, 2008 10:52PM

There are some people who think Vitamin B17 is a factor in cancer and others who disagree. Google Vitamin B17 for a look at both sides of the controversy. Here's a list of foods with Vitamin B17 in them: [www.vitaminb17.org]

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: August 09, 2008 12:32AM

You could contact Dr. Robert Morse from this site.
[www.godsherbs.com]

His cancer success rate is 80%

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 09, 2008 01:32AM

You can provide an example....and excitement....and information...and grace. But in order for a healing to take place, your oncle has to do is consciously identify what HE thinks is the healthiest thing to do....that would put him in a place beyond cancer. Once he does that, you can help him. You cannot heal some one who has not consciously found the way and asked for it. Just my take. I'm sure you'll be very helpful and supportive either way! smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 09, 2008 06:49AM

By the way, raw foods don't cure anything. It's the body that does all the healing. But to have healing occur, one needs to provide the conditions for health to flourish. Raw foods are less toxic than cooked foods. And this, combined with sufficient rest and sleep, fresh air, a toxin free environment, emotional poise, exercise, etc, will provide the conditions for the body to heal itself.

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: August 09, 2008 09:48AM

I've read "How I Conquered My Cancer Naturally" by Eydie Mae. In there she lists foods that she could and couldn't eat, the only fruit I remember that gave her trouble because of high sugar content was dates. A year or two after she conquered her cancer, she ate a lot of dates over the course of a day or two and her tumors started hurting again, she then did some cleansing and they got better. So I think dried fruits would be something to avoid, and maybe grapes too.
Here are her book and her recipe book. In the recipe book, next to each recipe there are symbols for if the recipe was used during her healing period or afterwards during her maintenance period or if the food should be for special occasions like for company.
[www.amazon.com]
[www.amazon.com]
More books on raw food and cancer:
[www.google.com]
Anne Wigmore books online, She worked with Eydie Mae:
[books.google.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2008 10:02AM by Lillianswan.

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: August 09, 2008 11:10AM

The Wigmore and Eydie Mae books are from the 70's and 80's and some of the info is old. I was just looking through some of the books and Wigmore was recommending soy and other sprouted legumes. I don't think most rawfooders eat these anymore. And I remember thinking that some of the Eydie Mae info was dated too. Most of the info is interesting because it did work, but I think that the newer raw recipe books are better for actual recipes.

Date: August 10, 2008 03:06AM

Thansk to everybody for the replies, i appreciate it so much!! smiling smiley I will search for information in the next days... My oncle will be getting the results of his new scanner tests very soon, and unfortunatly, i think it won't be good news... Anyway, i must stay positive, but aware that we may need a B plan...

Posted by: ilsewdm ()
Date: August 11, 2008 11:11PM

Mira,
Check out www.cancertutor.com

Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: August 12, 2008 02:24AM

Date: August 12, 2008 03:34AM

Thanks for the links,it's so appreciated!
I will read them carefully tomorrow, tonight i'm too sleepy...

Posted by: flash ()
Date: August 13, 2008 05:12PM

Check out crazysexycancer.com

flash

Date: August 14, 2008 03:45AM

wow... That documentary looks amazing

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 01, 2008 09:18PM

About the raw foods vs. cancer thing: We know from Nobel Laureate Otto Warburg's work that cancer cannot thrive in an alkaline[high pH] environment. The raw foods that are alkalizing(like most fresh ripe fruits and vegetables) are believed to maintain cellular alkalinity, and to prevent initiation of cancer. The micronutrients found in raw plant foods, especially minerals and cofactors, are believed to prevent promotion of cancer, that is, the formation of tumors and their metastasis. If you Google this stuff, you'll be overwhelmed by the information, Mira. Just remember to cross-reference! An excellent resource, by the way, is Tanya Harter Pierce's book, Outsmart Your Cancer. It mentions dietary protocols, such as the raw juice Gerson Method, not found in conventional medical literature. Good luck to you and your uncle!

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: September 01, 2008 11:06PM

Hello Mira, What I can say is, I have tumors, had one cut out of my head, non `cancer I have or had three more mri showed, I went raw after the find, and the `ones on the other side of my head were the size of marbles, and I could feel `them by touching the side of my head, after a few months of raw I thought they
had got a little smaller, and after a few more I can not find them by touch `anymore. I had almost constant headaches for a long time, now also gone.
I was also using herbs from china. I know from research that it is rare that `tumors just go away. lots of tumor sites out there,and most say tumors just dont `go. I was to go back for my 4th MRI, but the VA screwed that up and now I think `I have to build a fire to get it right. I cant say for sure what is up, but I `can say I do feel 100% new from this diet.
I hope your uncle is doing good, and will eat things that will help stay strong.
Peace and healing to all

Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: September 02, 2008 05:56AM

This website is worth a look through [www.healingcancernaturally.com]

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 18, 2008 04:13AM

A worthwhile DVD to see is "Healing Cancer From Inside Out" by Michael Anderson. This DVD talks about the cancer industry and how ineffective the standard treatments are, and the goes to show the effectiveness of the vegan and raw vegan diet to heal cancers. You can get this DVD from Amazon or other vendors.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: September 20, 2008 08:14AM

Yes that is a GREAT dvd. Perfect for you

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: September 20, 2008 09:05AM

I am skeptical about cures, especially with an aggressive cancer and a correct diagnosis.

But I am fairly confident that a raw vegan diet without deficiencies except maybe for being deliberately low in methionine is the least cancer-promoting diet.

Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: September 21, 2008 03:45AM

I agree with Bryan's post. My uncle had prostate cancer 3 years ago. He decided to forgo any typical cancer treatment and change his lifestyle completely to vegan minimum 70% raw. He never cheats. EVER. He is very healthy and through his health changes and spirituality he is going strong and things are not progressing.

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: September 23, 2008 08:58PM

arugula Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am skeptical about cures, especially with an
> aggressive cancer and a correct diagnosis.

Dr. Max Gerson's "A Cancer Therapy: Results of 50 Cases" may change your mind.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables