Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Mono-eating question...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 08, 2008 08:54PM

I'm trying mono-eating this week and I had a question: how much time should I leave between various types of foods? For example, I ate 2 avocados for lunch (12:45) and then had grapes at around 3. Is that a problem?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mono-eating question...
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: August 08, 2008 10:41PM

I like to wait for a slight hunger signal when switching mono meal foods. It lets me know that my body is ready, willing, and able to receive more food. I'm not sure if the body signal or the clock is the best way but I like the body signal as its simple and easy and works well for me.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 09, 2008 01:29AM

Just my experiences: Juices...about 30 minutes. Soft fruits 30-60 minutes. Fibrous or fatty fruits 60-90 minutes. Veggies can be anywhere in that range...depending on how fatty or fibrous. Nuts tend to take the longest...and CAN be up to 2 hours or more....depending on YOUR digestion.

-The meal you describe sounds fine! With a little practice....your system will definitely tell you when things aren't quite sitting right! Ha! ha!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: sgc ()
Date: August 09, 2008 06:51AM

It depends on the type of food (fruit, soft, juicy, fatty...) but also on the quantity. It won't take the same amount of time for 1lb watermelon or 3.
Don't watch the clock, listen to your body

Raw Fruit Festival
[www.raw-fruit-festival.net]
Health, Fitness and Fasting Retreats in Spain
[www.fit-in-nature.net]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables