Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

gorillawar
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 08, 2008 09:09PM

do you ever take your teaching to the hospital? sounds like a great place to spread the word and reteach/teach the med profession about nutrition
patty

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: gorillawar
Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: August 11, 2008 10:53PM

I work with the hospital dietician on a regular basis. It is a great place to spread the word but it will do no good on most people there. I speak mainlyof the staff. Many of whom smoke, drink alcohol, and eat the worst possible food. My wife is in the process of changing her primary care physician because she, the PCP, is a very unhealthy woman and is always trying to get my healthy wife to eat meat. I even had a physician tell me we are supposed to eat meat because of our cuspids. Hospitals are more concerned with satisfaction surveys. Give the masses what they want and not what is healthy for them. Give them chicken fingers and french fries and tey will rave about the food. Give them fresh fruit and veg and they will boo/hiss you. The greatest impact will be with the patients. that's where I try and do most of my work.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 11, 2008 10:59PM

its so disheartening that dr`s and other staff don`t know nutrition. it is gret however that you get to spread the word to the patients. thats probably better anyways cuz then maybe they will tell their friends and family and so on. high five for trying!
patty

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: August 12, 2008 03:10AM

It's so ironic that the unhealthiest people I have met are in the medical field.

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: August 12, 2008 03:13AM

pakd4fun Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's so ironic that the unhealthiest people I have
> met are in the medical field.

Maybe because it's not really primaily a 'health care' but in fact a 'sick care' business.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: August 12, 2008 03:16AM

<<<pakd4fun Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's so ironic that the unhealthiest people I have
> met are in the medical field.

Maybe because it's not really primaily a 'health care' but in fact a 'sick care' business.

Wishing you vibrant health >>>

You are right on!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 12, 2008 03:21AM

sick care business. wow, how apt. tragic.

Posted by: mira ()
Date: August 12, 2008 04:58AM

Are there many other doctors here?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables