Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Does raw foodism support veganism? (article)
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 16, 2008 04:07AM

wow. weird.

my mama plays the organ and directs the choir for church. she's not particularly religious, very spiritual but religious no, so it's just a job for her. but she likes the "fellowship" and the people are a great group of folk so we often go to their events (like the 4 day daily camp in the summer for arts and crafts and a theatrical performance at the end. little went this summer and last, i went when i was a kid, mom too when she was little. it's fun). anyhow, they often share food, of course, and it is always meat meat meat followed by a table full of sugary death, ugh. it's amazing to me that sso many religious people can all be such heavy flesh consumers when i see eating the dead flesh of murdered animals as nothing short of a satanic ritual. not that i would ever say that to any of them, you're right f1, i'm not here to judge. but that's how i feel about it and i'm amazed that it doesn't seem that way to them. it always weirds me right out. blood sacrifice. yikes!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 16, 2008 05:22AM

i`ve never thought of veganism quite that way.....as far as the animal lover thing. i was raised on a farm, all my ancestors were dairy farmers and i had animals from the time of birth and still do. i have always loved animals. i guess it`s just so much the norm that "we" eat meat i didn`t question it too much. i did refuse as a kid to eat beef for awhile cuz moo was my pet and i couldn`t bare to eat my pet. my mom didn`t force me but she implied that`s what we raised him for and just let me be. same for the chickens but i never refused to eat them...i just saw them as food.
i guess i never went that deep into the circle of veganism to think about the animal rescuers and vets and everything. thanks for the new spin smiling smiley
patty

Posted by: ilsewdm ()
Date: August 16, 2008 10:37PM

Ok, so I guess I should look up words in the dictionary instead of learning them from context. English is my second language. Now that I know that vegan is NOT a vegetarian who also does not eat eggs and dairy, I will never again consider myself a vegan. I object to fanaticism of any type. Call me a happy raw vegetarian.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 17, 2008 02:04AM

not eating eggs and dairy doesn't make people fanatics. i object to negative labelling and name calling of any kind.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: August 17, 2008 03:54AM

Maybe the dictionary definition of "fanatic" changed to "one who follows definitions correctly, without modifying to suit their wants." winking smiley

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables