Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Craving cooked
Posted by: irena ()
Date: August 14, 2008 07:03PM

Hello everybody. I have been high raw since February (prior to that junk food vegan for 10 years) and 100% raw for the last month and a half. I am doing mostly fruit with large salads and avo here and there in the evenings. Have been feeling wonderful but yesterday and today have been craving junk cooked vegan foods like crazy. I have tried to fill myself on heavy raw food thinking that I am craving that full stomach feeling so yesterday and today have been eating avos, sprouts, banana carob smoothies etc, but nothing seems to help, I can be full with raw and I still am craving cooked. I know it is mostly mental but I was wondering if anybody had suggestions for me how to overcome this. Is it part of a detox? I was thinking that by now I wouldn't crave those foods since it has been months since I've had such foods because even when I was 80% raw I only ate cooked beans and some olives. Could it be that I am missing something in my diet. I particularly crave salty, fatty types of foods i.e pasta, tofu burgers,potatoes etc. I don't crave anything sweet. I hope this won't last long because I am going nuts. I am determined to stay raw through this but have given myself the license to not worry about food combining, amounts or 80/10/10 since I am trying to compensate my cravings by trying different filling raw foods. Any advice and thoughts of encouragement will be appreciated. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Craving cooked
Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: August 14, 2008 08:43PM

I find that anything dark green takes away cravings. If I'm craving fries or something, I'll eat some spinach or make a nice juice and it goes away. If it's really bad, I'll heat the spinach up a bit and enjoy it that way. It really helps me. I find that fruit only increases my craving, and veggies take them away. Who knows, everyone is different!

Date: August 14, 2008 08:49PM

Thanks Lizard. I have definitely been very high fruit and almost no salads this last week just because I have so much fruit at home from recent u-picks and I did not want it to go bad. I wonder if that has to do anything with it. I forgot to mention that I do seem to also crave tomatoes and cucumbers and greens these couple of days but after having them still do not feel satisfied. I will be experimenting with more greens.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 14, 2008 08:49PM

It's more about having over-riding, higher life goals that REQUIRE healthy food as a goal. If you're goal is travel 500 miles in a day, you just aren't tempted to take a bike! LOL.

-Many people try (or do) change their diets too quickly. They actually skip the phase where they feel bad physically from eating poor food. For me, there is no temptation....because of the way those cooked foods made me feel.

-Get clear and single-minded internally. REALLY monitor how how feel. As an experiment....go ahead and eat the cooked meal...and REALLY MONITOR how you feel. If you are honest about that...you might not ever want it again. Truly.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: August 14, 2008 09:03PM

David thank you for your thoughts. I very much agree that it is all about what the ultimate goal is and that nothing can practically come in the way if at this point I was ready to aim to be all raw. I am aware myself that I am going little bit too quickly with this- I have always been all or nothing type of a person and struggle with taking the middle way. Lots to consider and learn. It is just amazing to me how this raw food journey has gone way beyond food for me and is putting me face to face with many aspects of life I was afraid to tinker with before. Very exciting!!!

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 14, 2008 09:43PM

irena Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have always been all or
> nothing type of a person and struggle with taking
> the middle way.

man o man we must be related!! LOL
patty

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables